Chapter 1: New Prospects

The Wild West is full of dangers, and not just roaming Indian Tribes, or bandits out to steal your gold. Strange things go bump in the night in the unexplored reaches of the wilds. Native tribes have performed mystical rituals for generations to keep the dangers at bay, but western expansion is pushing them out, and the lines between worlds is forever being blurred like the scenery out of a train window.

A mix of Call of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Aces and Eights, this weird wild west game has a little bit of everything.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Chapter 1: New Prospects

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:01 am

Tobias grumbles as he's forced to shoot wildly like some greenhorn. "If we're the cavalry, that is a sorry state of affairs. Well, maybe the surprise will get the men down there to panic and run away." He raises up and takes another pot-shot, hoping to hit something useful.
I'll join the Cool Kids in shooting at #3.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Firefight at the Ford: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm

Ambush Round Gunslingers 75, Penn & Colter 70, Jimmy 65, Tobias 40, Delton 35

Round 1 Gunslingers 75, Penn & Colter 70, Jimmy 65, Tobias 40, Delton 35
Doc Vane levels his own Carbine down at the men, he's used to saving lives, not taking them, but he knows where to hit for the most damage. He fires quick and strikes the man in the shoulder knocking him flat with a scream. "I'm down! I'm down!" He then crawls back up to take cover behind some rocks.

The enemy gunslingers fire off, some have .44 revolvers, a few have Carbines themselves. As it stands there is an even number on both sides and everyone is shot at. You have cover from the height, and Penn and Colter are hunkered down behind some rocks. The cowbows fire and move, blasting shots that rip off hunks of rock or leaves nearby. For the moment no one is hit on your side by some miracle.

Penn and Colter pop up and fire down with their own rifles. Both men, embolden by you, strike targets knocking their foes about wounding them and setting them to bleed from pretty good wounds.

Jimmy moves his sights to the wounded man Vane hit, and he squeezes another shot and down he goes with a bullet in the chest. That's one more cowboy never getting back up.

Tobias at a longer range than his pistol likes, fires off as he keeps his head low and misses wide.

Doc Vane a second time...
Openign Volley
Doc Vane: #3: Ambush Bonus Die: Normal Range,39/7 Success: 11 Dmg
Round 1
#1 Shoot Jimmy: Long Range .44 Revolver: 63 Miss
#3 Shoot Tobias: Carbine: 90 Miss
#4 Soot Vane: Long Range .44 Revovler: 33 Miss
#5 Shoot Penn .44 Rovolver: 47 Miss
#6 Shoot Colter Carine 97 Miss
Penn: Springfield 38 Hit for 9
Colter: Rifle 10 Hit for 11
Jimmy: Shoot #3 54 Success: 7 = DEAD
Tobias: Shoot #4: Long Range 79 Miss
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:12 pm

"I think you lot need to consider, one of us is a doctor with a license," Delton yells out. "At least three of you over there need a patch job. We can help you, but only if you surrender - what'll it be?"
Persuade (+ Hold Action?)

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:58 pm

Jimmy looks at the good doctor for a second before looking down his sights again and squeezing the trigger once again. "Doc, I think you over estimate their ability to reason."
Open Fire on #4.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:11 pm

The german appears to be intent on wasting all of his ammo, given that his aim isn't exactly impressive. Perhaps it could at least have some sort of morale effect. He knows he doesn't like getting shot at either.
Shoot at #4, since that one is the closest.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Firefight at the Ford: Round 2-3

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:33 pm

A fire fight is chaos, its crazy. Doc Vane shouts down giving the men a chance to surrender, but they fight on. "Screw you doc! We ain't ywller belly cowards!" They fire back around at the group, shots going wide near your group, but two of them fire on Penn and Colter with good accuracy. Penn dives for cover behind the rocks taking himself out of the hit. Colter goes to do the same but he's hit in the shoulder and tumbles backwards into the dirt calling out, "I'm hit I'm hit!"

Jimmy looks at the doc and then squeeze off a shot into one of the wounded cowboys. Two bullets is one bullet too many for that man's body to take. He is spun around and topples on his back bleeding out dying. The German fires, keeping the pressure up, but missing his target.

That's when the three men left decide they are yeller. The wounded men toss their weapons down, "I give up, I surrender!" The last man, unhurt takes off into the wilds running for his life and is lost in the terrain almost at once.
Vane: Persuade 64 Fail

Round 2
#1 Shoot Jimmy: Long Range .44 Rovoler: 48 Miss
#4 Shoot Vane 99 - JAM
#5 Shoot Penn .44 Revolver: 33 Success (Dive for Cover: 07 Success ) #5 Penalty Dice Re-Roll: 9 = 93 = Miss
#6 Shoot Colter Carbine: 56 Success (Dive for Cover: 55 Fail) Hit for 8 - 2 Points of Cover = 6 Dmg
Penn: Dove for Cover, Lost Action
Colter: Dove for Cover, Lost Action
Jimmy: Shoot #4: 57 Hit for 10 = Dead
Tobias: 55 Miss

I just realized that Jimmy's weapon takes 2 rounds to reload! Oh well, going forward we'll have to do that.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:13 am

Doc aims down the sight for the fleeing man, but he's gone before he can think about pulling the trigger. "Seems so," he says to Jimmy. "What a shame. Let's go get their guns. We can still work something out."
we know who sent them obviously. It was the O'Leary brothers or Godwin himself. I don't think they'd know why, so I don't know if they'd know any information beyond that that would help us. I'd say take their guns, and I'll patch them up if they'll just get the heck out of dodge and never come back.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:14 pm

Tobias is no doctor, so he trusts the Doc to handle seeing about Colter's shoulder. He instead cautiously walks forward to the surrendering men, his pistol still at the ready. "Now no funny business, you hear? I don't like killing people that don't need it. Explain yourselves. Why did you try to kill us?"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Jimmy makes his way down to the men, he carefully picks up the men guns and puts them in his bag, since both of his companions are keeping the men at bay, Jimmy slinks his rifle over his shoulder. "Anybody got some rope? I think we should keep them around, in case the O'Leary's get any ideas."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Fights Over

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:14 pm

The men surrender, they aren't in any shape to resist, especially not with Tobias with his revolver pointed at them so close. One of them spits out some chew and blood, "You boys have a nice little bounty on your head. Guess we didn't scout this place out enough, didn't know you there were here."

Penn comes over, "Doc! Doc! Colter's hit, come help him!" He waves at the rest of you and nods, "These dirty sons of bitches just showed up and started shooting. Good thing Colter was watching the ford or they coulda surrounded is and that would have been it." He has his own weapon at the ready, "We got some rope back at his camp."

You collect the rope and tie them up. They are in bad shape, and bullets left untended could just be the end of them if nothing's done for them.