Chapter 1: New Prospects

The Wild West is full of dangers, and not just roaming Indian Tribes, or bandits out to steal your gold. Strange things go bump in the night in the unexplored reaches of the wilds. Native tribes have performed mystical rituals for generations to keep the dangers at bay, but western expansion is pushing them out, and the lines between worlds is forever being blurred like the scenery out of a train window.

A mix of Call of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Aces and Eights, this weird wild west game has a little bit of everything.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

The Fights Over

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:55 pm

Doc says to the tied-up cowboys, "I'll be with you shortly. Talk, and maybe I can give you something for the pain."

He turns to the group. "Chat with them awhile. Penn, strip any clothing away from the Colter's wound and keep it elevated. I'll be over in a second with my kit."

For a handful of reasons, Delton helps the good Samaritan first. While he works, he offers him a safe dose of laudanum.

The bounty hunters are next. If they've been cooperative and talkative, painkiller for all. If not, suck it up.
Ask them some stuff while I work on Colter, and see how much they say before you have to get persuasive.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Fights Over

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Colton is laying on the ground, propped up some by a large rock. "Thank you kindly doc, I'm much obliged, for both the medical care and the timely aid in the gunfight. Bastards snuck up on us, almost had us too." He winces, and hold his hand out stopping the laudanum, "No thanks doc, I've seen what that stuff can do. Grab my whiskey would you, bottles over there." Once he has some he slugs it down, several times. "That's all I need, go ahead." He bites down on a stick as Vane works. To his credit he's tough and only moans and groans as the doc works on the bullet.

The tied up men are loosing blood, but are mostly stable. They are no threat, and one of them is a bit chatty. They give up some information, they were hired by a mysterious figure in town, told to come out this way and to 'take care of' your little group. They didn't expect to find Colter, or for your to be so tough. Seems whoever hired them under estimated you. When pressed on the figure they recall he had an Irish accent.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

The Fights Over

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:13 pm

After taking care of Colton, Delton treats the wounded bounty hunters, placing the laudanum on the ground near him for easy access. "I can provide laudanum as I promised. But if you prefer a stiff drink, show me what you have - or you might ask one of my cohorts if they're feeling charitable."

"You must be newer to town than we are. That sounds like the O'Leary brothers. One of them shot a negro in the middle of the day, and they were forcefully insistent on the body being left to rot." He holds up a stick. "Bite."

"Since the sheriff won't go near it, we decided to look into it ourselves. They're very upset about that."

Medicine
Treating bullet wounds (forgot to add a skill check in my earlier post)

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

The Fights Over

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Jimmy gives the Doc some space to work and gets back to the group of captives, "Well boys i think you should start talking now, unless you want those bullet wounds to fester, that is an awful way to go, don't you think?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Fights Over

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:42 pm

"I told you some Irish hooligan hired us. They came out to our camp, heard we were passing through. Was going to be easy pickings, obviously that was wrong." H bites down hard as Doc works his skill on the wound. One by one the Doc does what he can, Colton and two of the cowboys are going to eventually be alright. The third one however, its in deep, and there isn't much Vane can do for the man. He gives him a heavy dose of laudanum to make him comfortable, but that's about all he can do. The man is likely to die in the next day.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Fights Over

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:32 am

"Shit." Tobias grimaces at the man's fate. "That is a shit hand you got dealt. Nobody should die because of the evil of another. But this fallen world isn't fair, and you got screwed by those bastard hooligans. Sorry."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

The Fights Over

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:47 pm

Jimmy looks at the tied up men, "Obviously, you were hired by those limey pricks, we knew that before a single shot was fired, and i am pretty sure that you knew that already, i am not interested in knowing who hired you, but where he is, also how much did they pay you?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The Fights Over

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:32 pm

"They ain't here, back in town I figure. Gave us each two dollars to come out here and shoot you, and was going to give us two more after the deed was done." He looks over at his partner, "Ah shit Bill, you can't go dying on me you son of a bitch, you still owe me money!" He shakes the man that's been dosed, and has no chance of survival.

The third man is in pretty good pain, but manages, "You... you going to let us go? Be ofly kind of you to let us go."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

The Fights Over

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:57 am

Delton nods and starts lighting a cigar. "I will spare you, of course. The Irishmen took advantage of you. It isn't your fault you believed whatever story they told you. We'll run into them again eventually, so if you're feeling resentful, you're welcome to join us."

He turns to the one they call "Bill". "You're Bill? I've done all I could, but your bullet is in too deep. You have until tomorrow before the Good Lord takes you."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

The Fights Over

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:23 pm

Jimmy shakes his head "2 dollars, god that is what a life is worth to those limey pricks." He runs his hand through his hair, as if emphasizing the point. "That is shameful. We are not going to kill you, and we will let you go, if you are well enough to survive." He looks at Bill, and shakes his head again.