Chapter 1: New Prospects

The Wild West is full of dangers, and not just roaming Indian Tribes, or bandits out to steal your gold. Strange things go bump in the night in the unexplored reaches of the wilds. Native tribes have performed mystical rituals for generations to keep the dangers at bay, but western expansion is pushing them out, and the lines between worlds is forever being blurred like the scenery out of a train window.

A mix of Call of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Aces and Eights, this weird wild west game has a little bit of everything.
Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Burial Chamber

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:57 pm

Jimmy takes a deep breath, "When we stepped into the cave, i had a vision." Jimmy rubs the sweat from his brow, "of these things dancing in and out of the stone, and the ravines, but more importantly they had blood on their hands. I have to say, i don't like this."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Burial Chamber

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:50 am

Delton bites the corner of his mouth. "I'd like to come back later, but I don't know if I'll work up the nerve to do so."

He shrugs and relents. "Fine, then. Let's leave this mole tunnel. The tribe might know more anyway. They were both killed by a stab to the heart. My gut says tells me that they were ritual killings in both cases."
Outvoted! Let's get out of here.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Burial Chamber

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:34 am

"Before we go, i think i should leave this here." Says Jimmy as he pulls out the cursed coin, "It's only right that I returned it." He carefully places it by the corpses, and moves towards the cave's opening.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Time To Go White Man

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:35 pm

There is a scream outside, the scream that sends a chill down your spine. It sounds like someone murdering a cat, or maybe a goat. The ripple effect of that shout and the corpses here are enough to talk you into leaving. Jimmy holds up the strange coin and goes to leave it on the corpse, like an offering, and that's when he notices it. One of corpses has one of these strange coins on its belly button, set there, like one might put on the eyes of a man to pay his fare across the River Styx. So he adds it to the other's belly button.

There is a shout at the entrance tunnel, it is a familiar voice this time, human in nature, "White Man! Time to go!" It would appear your Injun friend is back and calling for you. You don't argue, and make for the tunnel out seeing the back lit form of the Indian from yesterday, in one hand he holds a tomahawk, in the other he's waving you forward to hurry up.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Time To Go White Man

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:58 pm

Tobias isn't one to hesitate when action is needed. He gets back down on his knees and starts shuffling out the wall tunnel, moving as fast as he can to get he hell out.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Time To Go White Man

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:39 pm

Delton follows quickly behind, rushing in spite of his intrigue over the macabre. He has some questions for their guide.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Time To Go White Man

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:28 am

Jimmy quickly follows suit, heading towards the tunnel, upon reaching the opening and seeing the Indian speaking Jimmy looks at the man in disbelief. "Are you fucking kidding me? This whole fucking time you spoke english and decided instead to just shout at us in whatever it is that your people speak. I'm done, fuck that coin and fuck this guy, I'm going back to town getting a drink and possibly killed by those god damn brothers we pissed off for this."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Time To Go White Man

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:25 pm

As you crawl to the exit, the Indian grabs your hands one by one and pulls you out of the entrance. As the last of you clears the exit you hear a terrible noise, a bleating of a goat, but it is terrible and so loud you wonder what sort of beast could call out like that. "What did you do in there?" the red faced man asks as he ushers you toward camp on hurried feet. His eyes scan the horizon and the sky, for the storm that started to roll is has just not arrived.

Its dark out, and you don't know any more if its day or night, but the flash of a bolt of lightning strikes a nearby tree cracking it in half and setting it ablaze. There is a scream from the camp not far, the terrible painful mortal scream of one of the horses. "Too late," curses your Indian companion. He white-knuckles his tomahawk as he slows his approach to the camp.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Time To Go White Man

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 pm

"I didn't do anything! We looked around, then returned the Coin back to where it belonged. We tried to put back the evil where it should never have left." Now that they're back in the open, Tobias draws his saber in a sweeping move, then drawing it in tightly in a defensive stance. It looks like their attempts to right the world didn't work.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Something Dark This Way Comes

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:28 pm

"You did more than that. You disturbed the bodies, yes? Yes?"

His head turns on a swivel looking through the darkness as the rain opens up and begins to pour down into the dry rocky terrain. "Come! Hurry." He leads you back toward the camp, and as another lightning bolt cracks in the distance you swear you see some dark shape on the ridge line hopping and moving toward the group.

The Indian looks terrified, he tries to hide it, but its clear in his eyes that he is scared.

Another cry, an echo this time, two, no three times. Whatever is out there is calling to others, and they are answering. You race into camp to find it trashed, the fire is out from the rain, your tents are slashed and knocked over, and all your supplies are scattered about!