Chapter 1: New Prospects

The Wild West is full of dangers, and not just roaming Indian Tribes, or bandits out to steal your gold. Strange things go bump in the night in the unexplored reaches of the wilds. Native tribes have performed mystical rituals for generations to keep the dangers at bay, but western expansion is pushing them out, and the lines between worlds is forever being blurred like the scenery out of a train window.

A mix of Call of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Aces and Eights, this weird wild west game has a little bit of everything.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Something Dark This Way Comes

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:42 pm

"No one is safe now white man. You have pokes the bees nest. Why? Why would do this thing?" He is panting himself and looks around. "We should not stay here, is not safe, we go until dawn comes." He looks at Delton checking Jimmy, "No time. Come." He walks off at a brisk pace, but isn't running, as even he needs a break.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:05 am

"Shit shit shit." Tobias is starting to come out of his panic, his higher brain functioning returning after his animal panic recedes. Still, not running on all cylinders yet. "We didn't know what we were doing! We went in there, looked around, and dropped the coin off. How were we supposed to know what else would set off this craziness?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Reeling from the horse kick Jimmy does his best to gather himself and enough composure to walk along with the rest of the group, once more calmed Jimmy gives the Indian a side glance, "You knew, didn't you? You could have told us, instead of standing there pretending not to understand us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Dawn of Realization

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:28 pm

"I did what had to be done. There are..." he pauses to think of the word, "...rules. And I can not break them. " The Indian looks about as you walk at a brisk pace. "You are alright?" He looks at Jimmy, who luckily only was clipped a bit, its looked much worse than it actually was. Had he been kicked full on, chances are he'd be dead.

"White Men always sticking their nose where it does not below. The witch said you would be the ones to put it right. Never have I seen her be wrong. Troubles."

You keep walking for about an hour, twice during that time you hear strange howls in the distance behind you, but you do not see the creature again. Finally you can't do it any more, as dawn arrives you flop down for some real rest.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Dawn of Realization

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:06 pm

Delton gives Jimmy a pat on the shoulder and tells him he'll be able to walk it off.

When they finally see light, God Almighty, the sun never shined so warmly as now. The doctor kneels down right in the grass, dirt, whatever. Minutes go by before he realizes that he's been shivering all over. He rummages through whatever he managed to whisk off with him. Surely he has all the essentials?

"Can you tell us your name?" he asks the Sioux man.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Dawn of Realization

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:59 am

Tobias flops down with the rest, any propriety or pride he may have completely washed away by the exhaustion and terror of the night. "Right. Well, we're not all dead yet. We might be able to fix this in the end. You know, maybe?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Dawn of Realization

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:09 am

Panting Jimmy slowly and tentatively sit on a rock, trying his best to not aggravate, his aching chest, he takes a deep breath and exhales grimacing at the pain. Jimmy looks at the Indian, expecting an answer to Delton's question, "Well?" He says spreading his arms to his sides, "I think it is well past time that you start talking."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Dawn of Realization

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:13 pm

"Takoda" He point at himself, "I Takoda, a friend to everyone." He sits on a rock catching his breath. "Long have my people kept the Wendigo locked up, long have we appeased the Black Goat. You white men and black men come and ruin that. Dig up our mounds, steal our treasures, break our wards. Now, now it is loose."

He stands up and tugs at his long hair. "I tried to stop the others, the skinny one, the black faced one, but they don't listen. Then you come, you maybe listen. You put back that which was stolen. I think, these men are not terrible men. They do the right thing, but you do not. You make it worse maybe. Now it is loose."

He paces, "Death will follow, I must return to the Medicine Man of my tribe, tell them what has happened. Maybe he can fix it. I will find you when I'm done. Go home, pray to your Great Spirit, and wait for me to return. Maybe we can still fix this."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Chapter 1: New Prospects

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Jimmy can't help but grab the sides of his head as he listens to the Indian speak. He takes a couple of deep calming breaths before speaking. "Takoda, you say that you tried to prevent those that came before us, from digging up your tribe's treasures and taking them, did you ""talk"" to them in the same way that you did to us? You know by standing there, and not saying anything? Perhaps you could see how this might not have been effective, you know since you could have just talked."

By now Jimmy is gesticulating heavily with his hands as his face gets redder and redder. "Now when we come here to return that coin that was stolen, and whatever the fuck that thing that was chasing us was, NOW WE ARE THE ONES THAT ARE FUCKED OVER AND PAYING FOR THE BULLSHIT OTHERS DID AND YOUR FAILURE TO OPEN YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH! TELL ME TAKODA, DO YOU SEE THE FUCKING PROBLEM? OR DO YOU JUST WANT TO CONTINUE BLAMING US FOR WHAT THE OTHER PEOPLE DID?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter 1: New Prospects

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:29 am

Delton tries to put a hand on Jimmy's shoulder. "Alright man, let's calm down and listen to him," uncomfortable interfering with Jimmy's raging temper (before they lose a friend in the tribe). "The Devil is the enemy here. It came to them generations ago, and now it sets the rules. He's just protecting his people."