Chapter 1: Greener Pastures

The Reapers have been defeated, every known civilization banded together to prevent mutual extinction, success came at a great cost, now vast parts of the galaxy lay in ruin and are being slowly rebuilt. The power dynamics of the galaxy have shifted and in its wake is creating many opportunities for those who are brave enough to take them.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Chapter 1: Greener Pastures

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Grzag leaps forward and takes a swing towards the guard his punch landing square on the guard's face, however his shield holds the punch effectively, leaving Grzag exposed in front of the guard. The engineer takes out his pistol and aims it towards the now exposed Grzag, he opens fire letting out two shots, both of which hit Grzag on the flank, luckily for Grzaghis shield just barely manages to hold on.

Inside the room the drone whirls about looking for a target, it locks it's sights on Nicol once again and lets loose.
Grzag attack guard #3 (Punch) 1d20+4 = 15 (Success), DMG: 6 to shield.
Engineer: Attack on Grzag (Double Tap) 1d20+2 = 17 (Success), DMG: 8 to shield.
Drone Attack on Nicol 1d20+5 = 17 (Success), DMG: 7 to shield.

Initiatives
Round 1 - Nicol: 22, Scarr: 18, Alex: 17, Grzag: 16, Engineer: 16, Guard 2: 12, Bata'vek: 11, Guard 3: 11, Kaester: 6

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:23 am

Bata'Vek aims to back up Grzag, working as a team rather than a gaggle of fools. He turns to the engineer trying to take down his buddy, focusing his and his drone's attacks on the man.
Bata'Vek attacks the Engineer (+3 to Hit, 1d6 Damage). Drone attacks the same one (+8 to Hit, 2d6 Damage).
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Bata takes aim and fires upon the engineer, his shot missing and ringing off the hallway walls, his drone whirls back towards the it's enemy counterpart, it shoots an electric beam towards the enemy's drone and hits it square in the middle. The enemy drone takes the hit and gets pushed backwards a couple of feet, before regaining it's power and moving on.

Kaester peeks from behind cover and fires a shot from his shotgun. The guard's body, falls to the ground in a bloody heap.
Bata'Vek fires at Engineer, 1d20+3 = 11 (Failure), Drone attacks drone 1d20+8= 23 (Success) DMG: 2d6= 10.

Guard #3 attacks Grzag with a double tap. 1d20+3= 20 (Success), 11 (Failure) DMG: 4.

Kaester fires at Guard # 1, 1d02=19 (success) DMG: 5

Guard #1 Dead.

Initiatives
Nicol: 22, Scarr: 18, Alex: 17, Grzag: 16, Engineer: 16, Guard 2: 12, Bata'vek: 11, Guard 3: 11, Kaester: 6

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:49 pm

"Damn that drone."

Nicol levels his rifle again at the enemy drone, keen on taking them out over men. He fires at it and shouts, "Put down your weapons and no one else needs to get hurt here! We aren't here to harm anyone!" He's trying to give them a chance.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Nicol steadies his aim and fires on the drone, the shot hits it right in it's center of mass and sends it spiraling down as a tiny explosion destroys what remained of the drone.
Nicol attacks drone 1d20+2 = 14 (Success), DMG: 14 (Kill).

Initiatives
Nicol: 22, Scarr: 18, Alex: 17, Grzag: 16, Engineer: 16, Guard 2: 12, Bata'vek: 11, Guard 3: 11, Kaester: 6

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:24 pm

As the guards dwindle in number the engineer and remaining guard attempt to fall back towards the back of the barge, as they do they get caught in an mass effect field created by Scarr and both are flung towards the bulkhead, they hit the wall hard and fall unconscious, Alex moves out to gather the pair and restrains them, while Kaester surveys the damage, and shakes his head. "We are going to pay dearly for this bloodshed." He says to no one in particular. The barge's alarm still blares loudly and emergency lights flash. Bata'Vek receives a communication alert on his omni tool, the rest of the guards are trying to broadcast a message.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:12 pm

"Shit shit shit, they're trying to get the word out about the alarm. I'll do what I can, but I can't promise anything." The Quarian gets to business on the console trying to jam any outgoing messages.
Computers check to try to jam anything. Or figure out where I need to go to disable communications entirely.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:54 pm

"Hey I told you not to kill anyone." Nicol moves to the guards and takes any keycards or security devices off them. "We need to get our target and get out of here at once. Bata'Vek jam that signal, the rest of you follow me. Bata, join us when you are done." As an after thought he turns to the group, "Anyone want to prep the ship for departure."
If you want to send an NPC off to the ship here's a hook
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Aliens. Bloodied, Grzag joins Nicol with only two steps, shouldering his hammer as he does. Scratching noises in his head berate him for hiding it up his own ass and not swinging it sooner. "It'll look more convincing now," he says, watching Kaester in his expansive peripheral view. "They won't hold back anymore, we can't either!"
I don't mean my blood. I think after my shields went down, I took 2 damage to my plating.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Bata'Vek types furiously on the keyboard, an alert sounds off from the system, and suddenly everything shuts off, the blaring alarm dies down, the lights turn off and so does the artificial gravity, in order to prevent the communication system from sending the S.O.S Bata'Vek had to overload the barge's electrical system triggering a shut down.

Kaester looks at the hulking Krogan, "I don't think they will be all that effective now." Kaester, looks at the rest of the crew floating in place ad says "I can get the ship ready, I'll take Alex and Scarr with me to help me get things ready while you retrieve our prisoner." Alex and Scarr both follow Kaester out of the office and make their way up the stairs into the ship.

Bata'Vek, Nicol and Grzag reload their weapons and ready themselves to move forward with the retrieval.