Chapter 1: Greener Pastures

The Reapers have been defeated, every known civilization banded together to prevent mutual extinction, success came at a great cost, now vast parts of the galaxy lay in ruin and are being slowly rebuilt. The power dynamics of the galaxy have shifted and in its wake is creating many opportunities for those who are brave enough to take them.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Chapter 1: Greener Pastures

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Footsteps can be heard outside the doors as guards start gathering and taking cover, the blaring alarm is almost loud enough to drown out the a loud beeping noise emanating from the warden's terminal. On the screen in bold red letter a message reads, "Remote breach detected." A diagram bellow it displaying the location of the breach and showing that it's coming from the door panel outside. A voice comes through the warden's comm unit, "Sir, what is going on? Sir...

...We found the warden, he is in the comm..." Says a voice coming from somewhere away from the speaker as the comm is abruptly shut down.

Inside the room Kaester takes cover crouching behind the Warden's desk, as everyone is getting into position for the ensuing fight. The door is flanked by Nicol and Grzag, Bata'Bek crouches next to Kaester, Scarr moves to the far side of the door where she can take cover behind a pillar.
Initiatives
Round 1 - Nicol: 22, Guard 1: 22, Scarr: 18, Alex: 17, Grzag: 16, Engineer: 16, Guard 2: 12, Bata'vek: 11, Guard 3: 11, Kaester: 6

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:51 pm

Breath. Calm. Focus.

*Blam*

His rifle fires. The man's aim is on the front guard, his legs, hoping to take the man out of the fight with a single shot. He doesn't relish the idea of killing these men, but if its them or him, its going to be them. After the shot is fire he shouts, "We don't want to kill anyone. If you don't back off your Warden will pay for your recklessness. We have a job to do! Let us do it, and we'll go, no one needs to die!"
Shoot that guy, hoping I get all my sneaky sneaky attack bonuses for going first, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:50 am

Nicol takes aim at the guard's knee, taking a deep breath to steady his aim, the rifle's muzzle lights up as he fires upon the enemy, the bullet hits the guard square in the knee sending his shield into over load as the force of the blast knocks him down to the floor. The guard hits hard but is not deterred he gets back on his feet and behind cover. He opens his comm and says. "Intruders are hunkered down in the Warden's office, send all available personnel, the intruders are the group that brought that prisoner earlier today."
Nicol Attack vs Guard # 1: 1d20+2 = 21 (Success), DMG: 3d8: 17

Sorry V, but can't give you the sneaky bonuses when you have alarms going off alerting the enemy of your presence, maybe next time. Still excellent shot.

Initiatives
Round 1 - Nicol: 22, Guard 1: 22, Scarr: 18, Alex: 17, Grzag: 16, Engineer: 16, Guard 2: 12, Bata'vek: 11, Guard 3: 11, Kaester: 6

@GuyWithSword you are next up.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Scarr peeks behind her cover and closes her fist as the sheen of a mass effect field engulfs her and one of the guards at the door is pulled from the ground and into the opened doorway, his arms flailing as he tries desperately to grab a hold of anything to prevent being thrown across the room and into a wall, for a second he manages to grab onto a panel on the door but his grip fails him and he goes flying through the air and slams into the far side wall of the office with a loud thud as his shield dissipates.

Seeing a clear opportunity Alex wastes no time and shoots the prone guard, deciding to go for a double tap to finish him up, his first shot hits the guard in the leg, the bullet digging deep into his tight and coming out of the other side as a spray of blood sploshes the wall, the second shot misses just wide of the guard's chest. From outside the other guards continue firing into the small office.
Scarr uses throw on Guard, FORT Save 1d20+9 = 14 vs DC 16 (FAIL), DMG: 7
Alex Double tap vs prone opponent, first roll 1d20= 15 (HIT) DMG: 5, Second roll 1d20= 8 (MISS)
So i want to take a moment to talk with you guys, i am sorry that i have been taking so long to post here, i've been feeling pretty crappy since i moved and i have been having a really hard time adjusting and keeping my motivation up, in other words, i have been really depressed, i've been working on trying to get myself better and get going again, i've felt a bit better lately, i ask you to please bear with me and continue playing, i really want to continue this game and as i work through my own personal stuff it will get better and i'll absolutely post more frequently.
@ManWithDoor you are up next.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Bata'Vek stays in cover in the room, popping up only to take another shot at the prone guard that Alex was trying to finish off. However, he has no such compunction about sending his Drone out to cause trouble. Even if it gets shot up, he can just wait for his power cells to recharge before summoning a new one. The glowing orb of energy darts forward, sending crackling lightning out against the hallway enemies.
Bata'Vek attacks the prone guard (+3 to Hit, 1d6 Damage). Drone moves to the doorway to see the guards, then attacks one (+8 to Hit, 2d6 Damage).
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:25 pm

The guard gasps as he is struck Bata'vek's shot, his lifeless body in a heap at the back of the room blood pooling around him, the drone whirls past the door's threshold and fires upon the shooting guard hitting him square in the chest, his shield taking the brunt of the attack.

On the opposite corner a different drone whirls by in the other direction heading into the office, it spots Nicol peeking from cover and opens fire, its shot strikes the spot where Nicol's head was before ducking back into cover. The engineer peeks his head in the door and furiously types on his omnitool. Suddenly static envelopes Scarr and his shield crackles as it overloads.

Seeing a chance to shoot the engineer Kaester aims his shotgun and fires upon the attacking engineer, his shot misses hitting the bulkhead instead.

Bata'vek attack on Guard: 1d20+3=13 (Hit) DMG: 5.
Drone attack on Guard 2: 1d20+8=14 (Hit) DMG: 11.

Drone attack on Nicol 1d20+5: 9 (Fail).

Engineer Overload vs Scarr: Will save 1d20+2: 5 (Fail) DMG: 2d6 Shield DMG: 10.

Kaester attack on Engineer: 1d20-2: 8 (Fail).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Nicol looks at his blood thirsty companions, there was so much talk about not fighting the Alliance before the job, but now its kill kill kill apparently. He doesn't have much of a issue with it, he's just totally shocked. Speaking of shocked he reaches out from cover with his omni-tool and unleashes a command code to overload the systems of the enemy Drone that just attacked him.
Let's hit that drone with Overload
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:31 pm

Grzag sees red. Pictures flash by, pictures he wants to smash. He charges the engineer, yelling at the alarms - yes, at the alarms - while swinging wildly.
Charge engineer with unarmed strike. Stunning Fist. I might want to custom-up a feat to have that modded by something other than Wisdom.

Intimidate engineer to demoralize.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Nicol spots the drone and locks in using his omni tool, he fiddles with it for a couple of seconds, he peeks from behind cover and sees the drone's crackling and shimmering under the force of his overload, although successful the drone continues on into the room, mostly unharmed.

Scarr focuses on the guard shooting from the opposite side of the door, her body covered in a thing blue blanket of mass effect as she attempts to throw the guard from his cover. His body twitches and he goes flying into the central staircase that the group used to enter the prison barge. The guard hits the stair's railing and lands on one knee, his shield absorbing the impact.

Seeing an opportunity to strike Alex, uses his biotic abilities to create a warp field around the guard, reacting quickly the guard barely manages to roll out of the way and avoids taking the full brunt of Alex's attack.
Initiatives
Round 1 - Nicol: 22, Scarr: 18, Alex: 17, Grzag: 16, Engineer: 16, Guard 2: 12, Bata'vek: 11, Guard 3: 11, Kaester: 6

Rolls:
Nicol: Use Overload 14 Will Save: 8 (Fail), Shield DMG: 2d6=4

Scarr: Use throw on guard #3, Fort save: DC 16, 1d20+9=15 (Fail), DMG: 2d6=3

Alex uses Warp against Guard #3, REF save for 1/2 DMG: DC 16, roll 1d20+7= 25 (Succeed), DMG: 2d8+4/2=9 to Shield HP

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:18 am

Uh...ok, updating my turn. Same thing, but charging Guard #3 instead, with my fists of fury. I think that should be nonlethal by default. Still yelling at the alarms, Intimidation to demoramalize the enemies.