Chapter 1: Greener Pastures

The Reapers have been defeated, every known civilization banded together to prevent mutual extinction, success came at a great cost, now vast parts of the galaxy lay in ruin and are being slowly rebuilt. The power dynamics of the galaxy have shifted and in its wake is creating many opportunities for those who are brave enough to take them.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Chapter 1: Greener Pastures

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 pm

The Quarian gives a thumbs up, then goes about tapping merrily away at the opened terminal. He first goes into the Control Panel to see if he can modify anything important regarding ship operations, then prioritizes Inmate Logs to see where their target is being kept.
Control Panel - obviously want to focus on things like being able to cut off comms, silent any alarms, lock bulkheads, that sort of thing.
Inmate Logs - Thought that would be the quickest way to find the current location of our Target.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Grzag covers the quarian with his mass and keeps an eye out with Nicol. If someone catches them, the lumbering knuckle-dragger will sort 'em out.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Bata'Vek wastes no time in opening the Control Panel and looking over the options given.

[TURRET CONTROL]
[VENTILATION AND FILTRATION SYSTEMS]
[AIRLOCKS]

Going into the turret control option allows Bata'Vek to disable the turrets, however in order to do so an administrative code input is required.

The prisoner logs offer simple information pages on each of the prisoners currently imprisoned in the site, looking through it Bata'Vek quickly spots the one for Marcelo, according to the information on screen he is located in the last cell in the hallway that is immediately to the right of the office door, behind some heavy locked doors.

While guarding Nicol hears the sound of one of the heavy doors opening as two guards step through, heading towards the common area where the warden is.
Sorry for the delay, i threw out my back last week and was bed-ridden for almost a week.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:21 pm

"We have movement in the halls."

The whispers from Nicol are just enough to let anyone know a few guards are coming.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 am

Bata'Vek relays where their target is located within the compound. "I'll try to see if I can get the turrets offline. If not, we'll just need to try to stay out of their line of fire."
Can I try to hack my way in to the Turret Controls here? Or I need to find a keycard or something that a security officer might be carrying?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Bata'Vek types away on the warden's console as he attempts to hack into the turret controls, his efforts however are not enough as the system kicks Bata out and locks down. The screen freezes for a couple of seconds and the menu is replaced with an alarm. From the hallway the load roar of a klaxon echoes as the security systems of the barge activate.

Outside in the hall way the guards that were headed into the common area look down at their omni tools verifying the location of the alarm they raise their weapons and now make their way towards the warden's office.
Hack attempt 1d20 + 8 vs DC: 20 = 16 (Failed)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:46 pm

The moment the alarm starts Niclo curses, "Well this didn't go as planned." He activates his Tactical Cloak power, and lifts his rifle into position. The first guard that comes into view he fires on hoping to take the man out at the legs. He doesn't aim to kill, these are Alliance soldiers after all.
Tactical Cloak, then Open Fire
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:41 am

Bata'Vek kinda sits there at a loss for a second, idly tapping the computer. "Well ... yeah, can't think of a better summary. The plan is shot, now we wing it. Maybe if I can get to a different security station I could stop the alarm and get back into the system. But for now, I'm pretty sure there are people who aren't going to be happy to see us." He likewise gets ready for trouble, and begins the assembly routine of his trusty combat drone.
Drone Defense 10
Drone Shield HP 20
Drone Atk Range (ft) 20
Drone Atk mod 8
Drone Damage 2d6
Cooldown (actions) 4
- Cooldown only matters if it gets destroyed later.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:02 am

"Aww, and here I thought we were gonna walk out on the moon," says Grzag, grinning as he butchers a outdated idiom that originated on Earth.

He moves to give himself a clear path out of the room, and gets ready to slam a punch into the the first guard who steps into view.
Charge alerted guard, prioritize wounded targets. Nonlethal.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:42 am

The female Krogan has her gun out and pointed at the door. "Are we hunkering down here? Is there a better place to fight?" Scarr tries to find some sturdy cover to hide behind if the firefight is to happen here.