Chapter 1: Greener Pastures

The Reapers have been defeated, every known civilization banded together to prevent mutual extinction, success came at a great cost, now vast parts of the galaxy lay in ruin and are being slowly rebuilt. The power dynamics of the galaxy have shifted and in its wake is creating many opportunities for those who are brave enough to take them.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Chapter 1: Greener Pastures

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Nicol reloads, refreshes his shield and nods to the other two, "Grzag you focus on crowd control, Bata get the cell open, and I'll pick off stragglers. Let's go." He grabs the wall, and pulls himself through the gravity less hall wishing he hag some mag lock boots.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:04 pm

Grzag switches on the grav-boots and clunks back down to the ground. Then, after one look at his floating allies, he grabs hold of the quarian techie's arm, ignoring protests, then rushes up and steadies Nicol with his beefy grip.

Facing the direction Nicol was floating toward, he looks squarely at him with one eye. "Both of you hang on," he grunts. "Point me where you wanna go."
With the ship's artificial gravity gone, Grzag doesn't to have to work against any force pulling Nicol and Bata'Vek to the floor. With my gravity boots, I can run down the hall with you guys hanging onto me without breaking a sweat. I will take us wherever Nicol was headed.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:12 pm

The Quarian lets out a surprised squawk at the manhandling, but doesn't object. "Alright, not the most dignified egress, but I'll take it. A heck of a lot better than perpetually bumping into walls and hoping I don't get stuck midair somewhere."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:49 pm

The groups split, Scarr and the rest heading up to the ship while Nicol, Grzag and Bata'Vek mover forward into the bowels of the barge looking for their prisoner, the hallway is dark spent heat sinks and detritus float about at chest level making a nuisance of themselves, above on the roof an automated turret stands powerless, frantic sounds can be heard from ahead, whatever they are saying is incomprehensible but it sounds panicked.

The group reaches the cell of Marcelo Fahla, he floats very calmly inside his cell in a meditative position his legs crossed under him and his hands resting on his knees, he turns to look towards the group as you arrive. "So this is what all the commotion is about." He gives the roof a tap and slings himself towards the cell door."I think i am ready to get out of here."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:39 pm

"Good, hold tight."

Nicol attempts to get the cell door open, letting Bata'Vek do it if he can't. "We can't delay, and you will behave yourself with us. Got it?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:04 pm

Grzag points his submachinegun into the cell to shine his flashlight in while his teammates "orbit" around him or the cell at their preference. "There're clothes and weapons back the way we came."
I just realized, Grzag probably lost his coffee in the fight or after the artificial gravity got shut off. So, there's a hot liquid floating around in the dark... :lol: I've got a flashlight, we'll be able to avoid it.

Ship Roles
I'll take Navigator since I have a +5 in Tactics. If that skill doesn't apply, I can take Gunner, but I probably won't hit anything.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:12 am

"Well, the power is off so this is more like jimmying a lock than crossing some wires. But we'll see what gets managed." He pulls out his tools and goes to work on the door, trying to figure out how to open it.
Ship Role: Engineer, of course! :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Bata'Vek attempts to connect to the door through his omni tool, a task that is futile since the locks are powered down and locked. It becomes rather obvious that this door is going to have to be opened by other rather brutish means.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:34 am

Grzag grunts in annoyance and hands his flashlight-mounted sub to Bata'Vek. "Here, I'll get it open. You, in there: stand clear."

He then tries everything to get through the door. Pulling, ramming, even smashing the glass with warning beforehand, if one could reasonably shatter a man-sized hole in it.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:23 am

In the zero gravity, Bata'Vek less gets out of the way, and more gracelessly flops to the side. He grabs on the the wall before he floats off.