OOC Chatter

The OOC Forum for the Mass Effect New Horizons game.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

OOC Chatter

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Welcome, @Vardaen, @ManWithDoor, @DoctorDoom71, @RorytheRomulan, @Lathandris . Please feel free to start discussing your character ideas here, everything you need todo so can be found here: http://www.masseffectd20.com for free, in the site there are 2 different types of character sheets, we will be using the spreadsheet style one.

I will assume that you all have played the games and know about the major the decisions, i will make a post highlighting the decisions which were made to get to this point.

We might get one more person in if @GuyWithSword decides to join.

Welcome and please feel free to get started.

DoctorDoom71
Level 3
Level 3

OOC Chatter

Post by DoctorDoom71 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 pm

“I’m Commander Shepherd and this is my favorite post on the Citadel”

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

OOC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Ok, so we're post-Trilogy. Got it! Exciting times.

I look forward to hearing the 'Plot Decisions' that were made, at least the public ones. Almost anything in Mass Effect 2 was rather secretive, but saving/killing the Council in ME1 was rather public. Lol. So ... are you rewriting the ending to ME3? About the only sensical options to carry on the story would be 'Kill all Synthetics', or a custom ending. 'Enslave the Reapers' would basically mean Shepard is the new God-Emperor, and 'Synthesis' is just plain weird. And I assume you're getting rid of the bullshit about the Mass Effect Relays self-destructing. Interstellar travel would be gone, so no adventuring. Are you going with one of the official Ending decisions, or creating a new ME3 ending entirely?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

OC Chatter

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:42 pm

There is the green ending, which basically becomes symbiosis between both mechanical and biological beings, i'll probably take a bit from all of them.

DoctorDoom71
Level 3
Level 3

OC Chatter

Post by DoctorDoom71 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 pm

I never took that ending...need to read up

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

OC Chatter

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Correction on my previous post its Synthesis not symbiosis.

DoctorDoom71
Level 3
Level 3

OC Chatter

Post by DoctorDoom71 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

I think I always ended up with the SS Minnow ending

Lathandris
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Druid

OC Chatter

Post by Lathandris » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 am

I'm leaning toward an Adept, probably human. But a Turian Soldier could also be fun.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

OC Chatter

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:55 am

Fair enough. That synthesis/symbiosis thing was just too weird for my tastes. So is everyone basically a cyborg now? Nanotech-based biology now? Are we the Borg? I would find it hard to believe even the base stats stayed the same as the RPG Book, now that we're all part machine. Am I immune to poison and diseases now? Since everything is mixed together, do the Geth eat pasta now? Or can both humans and Geth plug in to the wall to feed?

Gah. Sorry. I get rant-centric talking about the Ending of ME3. I can see where they were going with it, artistically speaking, but it destroyed the universe too much for me to really enjoy it. If it had been a binary ending of 1) Blue - banishes them, but who knows if they might return in a thousand years, or 2) Red - destroy all Machine life (including your Geth allies) ... yeah, that would have been a classic Philosophical Moral Choice. Do you commit a genocide or your own, to guarantee a future with no Reapers ever again? Or take the risky route of just banishing them, and maybe doom future organic life to a war they might lose with the Reapers.

Also, they SERIOUSLY needed a Fallout 1 / Fallout 2 ending, that gives some closing narration to your choices. It instead was a Fallout 3 ending, narrating the consequence of your pushing a button 2 minutes ago ... and ignoring the other 100 hours of choices made. Terrible.
(/end rant)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

OOC Chatter

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:49 am

I didn't like any of the endings or the buildup to them. I actually chose the green ending by mistake lol. Just exploring, shambled on up the middle. smh I'm skeptical of a post-trilogy game, but I'll wait before making any judgment.

I have stats drafted for a Krogan Soldier, to play second fiddle to Vardaen's krogan, but I won't keep him if there's already more than one of that race on the team.