Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:47 pm

DC 10
d20+2=15+2 = 17 (success)
d20+2=9+2 = 11 (success)

Passive checks for Yuk and Grogg failed when they entered the room, didn't post results to spoil searches.
The curious deep gnome has a feeling that something is off about this room. He's intuition pays off as he finds not one--but two secret entrances in the room. One of the doors leads to the east and one to the west. Meanwhile, Arveene, Lorenzo, and Sasha stand across the bridge as they wait to move towards the slave pens.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:29 pm

"Just as I suspected. Secret door ways... sigh, always more secret door ways and more passages to explore." He points out the doors, then inspects them for traps and ways to open them. Should he discover any traps or nastiness he attempts to clear it giving a warning first for others to move away so he can heroically take the damage.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:09 pm

no traps

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:52 am

Grogg has a kinda stupid look of amazement on his face as Sunny reveals the hidden doors all around him. "Huh, that's new. Don't find secret doors in the forest. Well, I guess I have. Obscured dens and stuff. They just don't have hinges and stuff." He quickly gets over his surprise and backs up the deep gnome, whichever way he goes.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:14 am

Arveene steps into the storage room with them. "You have a good eye, Sunny. It may be a while yet before you manage to top finding the Tresendar family blade in my book, but you're doing great work."

"Maybe we should see where these lead before we do anything else. I'm certain Glasstaff is through the hidden door to the west, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would like to free the prisoners first. So, perhaps we go through this one?" she asks, pointing toward the hidden door to the east.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:49 am

"Seems like a good idea, though we should watch our back," Sasha urges the others. "I would hate to be caught with my back to a wall with noncombatants in the thick of things."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:46 pm

"Fine, my dear" says Lorenzo "a very good idea". He smiles at Arveene. "Let's go."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:30 pm

The gnomes almost smiles at Arveene.

He then opens the eastern door for the company.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:09 pm

Sunny finds the opening mechanism and the stone panel pushes back opening to a small hallway. Peering around the corner, the deep gnome sees two doors. The door directly across from the secret entry appears reinforced and sturdier than the other doors seen within the ruined manor.

Meanwhile, Yuk Yuk is busying rummaging through the remaining crates and barrels looking for anything that can fit into his pockets. With a few beaver pelts thrown over his shoulder, he looks and walks a bit slower burdened with a few too many pelts.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:06 pm

When Sunny slides the doors open, Yuk Yuk jumps. "Woot! Hidden Doors! Treasure awaits." He excitedly exclaims. Seemingly for his station, he did not know of the hidden doors nor what might lurk behind them.