Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Lorenzo helps where he can, providing light and a hand if it is needed. "It's difficult to spot these things, of course. We're lucky to get you out in one piece. Let's move on carefully."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 am

Grogg nods in agreement. "Yeah, you're right. Careful it is." The druid's impatience has been checked rather sharply, his potentially splattered fate having humbled him, for the moment at least.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:21 pm

The group assists Grogg with pulling himself out of the pit trap. Now faced with multiple paths, the group decides ...

1. Locked door back in the "secret" passageway north of crypts
2. Door in northern section of crypts, presumably leading to the cells (based on thug's drawing)
3. Forward and over the pit trap, in the hallway

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:15 am

"I think we should continue down this corridor, we just need to get over the pit. And I guess that where there is one, there may be more. So we need to look out for other traps. Sunny, I think you have the best eyes...can you see anything strange beyond the pit?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:25 am

"Civilizations are less lacking in resources, and with more sophisticated tools, walls can be made to stand stronger, sculptures look fairer, and boobytraps serve more complex and ever devious functions, especially in venerable abodes such as this. The people who built this place must have installed some way to get past them..."

Arveene looks around.
History on Trescendar Manor: maybe Arveene read something about the manor before coming here that could help them get past the pitfall?

Investigation: I'll roll to search for a hidden switch or something, never hurts.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 pm

On the north and south edges of the trap, there's a narrow ledge that can be used to pass by the trap.
The narrow ledge will require Acrobatics check, but it's just DC 10 - so normal difficulty.

The pits aren't part of the Tresendar Manor family home improvement projects. They were built must later, most likely by the Redbrands thugs/leader.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Your rogue sighs and comments to Grogg, "Its been a lifetime of dealing with this sort of thing, and you want me to just explain it all in an instant. I don't know." He shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe we could go in the easy door first, then cross the deadly drop to death later?" He points back at the door to the east off the coffin room. "I should go first I think. Better eyes, smaller target."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:24 am

"Hmm. Yes, I guess we ought. If we have some rope, we could tie it around someone to pull them up if they fell. Sunny, most likely."
Let's try the other door with Gnome taking point.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Grogg agrees. "Yeah, I'm okay with that. We'll navigate this nasty pit later."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:27 pm

Marching order to enter the room?

Sunny has already inspected the door and doesn't see any physical traps.