Chapter 1: Neverwinter to Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Chapter 1A: The High Road

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:39 pm

The backstabbing gnome has re-dressed in new goblin gear, bloody, and he's hidden his blades on himself, and allowed his hands to look to be bound up. "Use me as bait, trade me to the king, so I can get nice and close. Then... sigh...then I can shove a shiv in his spine while he's talking to Lorenzo." He is down cast and depressed, he looks the perfect defeated and captured goblin.
Use me a trade, trade me, give me up to the King so I can get in nice and close. Disguise and slight of hand to look the part of an unarmed (but armed) goblin prisoner.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:27 am

Arveene puts a finger up to her lips in thought. "Well, you certainly look the part... Alright, we'll lead with that, and see how far it gets us."

She turns around to head out of Klarg's den, and you think you hear a sigh of relief.

Goblin King's Chamber
When the group arrives, she cups a hand over her mouth at the sight of the human body.

"Is that Sildar?" she whispers.
Ooh, add the Bardic Inspiration to one of those rolls if you still have it.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:12 am

Grogg plods along, looking around curiously. His wounds have mainly finished clotting up, although he will need some rest and healing to get back to actually feeling whole. He keeps quiet, letting the talkative types take the lead on this.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 pm

Cautiously, Arveene walks further in to examine the person lying on the ground and check for breathing and a heartbeat.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:37 pm

Arveene slowly ascends the natural staircase to the upper escarpment. On the floor, she finds a weak and bruised Sildar Hallwinter -- the human sellsword companion of their dwarven employer. His hands are bound with rope behind his back and he appears to be semi-conscious and alive. The near fifty year old man looks as good as he can while keeping his dignity and stature, but having spent a couple days in the goblin den after being defeated and captured by the goblins has been a bit rough.

As Arveene approaches, his eyes open and he tries to lift himself off the ground into a sitting position but struggles with his hands being tied.

The goblins appear to have fled their hideout. There's no signs of anyone other than the companions and Sildar.
Sildar is bound with rope (anyone can cut it open, no rolls). He has 1 hp, so he's alive but if he was thrown off (or fall off) the escarpment, he'd die. (no death throws for npcs)

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:58 pm

"Careful, hold on, let's just get you away from that ledge, there we go," Arveene says as she grabs the knight and scooches him away from the edge. She produces one of her daggers and cuts the ties that bind his hands, and his feet if those are also restrained.
Well, no need for that plan, not in this cave anyway. The spoiled young noblewoman has no water to give to Sildar, but she does have some dried rations, I imagine we all do.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 pm

Sildar nods to Arveene. With a coarse voice, he replies "Thank you." Moments later, Arveene has helped Sildar down to the chamber base floor.

The cavern appears empty and there's no sounds other than the running water falling into the two large pools and beginning to drain back through the center of the cavern and outside.
NPC and down time. You have time to rest (I recommend staying the night, long rest/8hrs) and everybody will be healed up (max) in the morning. You can search around the cave. Ask questions to Sildar. Set up guards. Check outside the cave, etc.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 pm

Your gnome sheds his disguise as soon as it clear there are no more goblins. "Figures I had to wear that outfit for no reason." He looks disgusted with the smell of the goblin clothing. Then he goes about searching the large chamber for riches, secret caches or doors, and anything else of interest for the little Scoundrel.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:15 pm

The gnome does some reconnaissance of the cave, sneaking around each corner and inspecting each room for any secret doors, treasure, or anything that catches his eyes.
pm sent

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:27 am

"Part of my idea for confronting the rest of the raiders, but now they've fled," Arveene explains to the knight as the deep gnome sheds his disguise, resuming her genteel affectations. "How did this all happen?" she asks.