Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:28 am

Grogg growls in frustration at being unable to get a solid hit on the bucket of bones in front of him. Whacking it with his sword isn't all that hard, but there's no flesh to rend. He has to hit dead on to crack the skeleton, he can't just cut open a couple arteries and let blood loss do the rest.
Attack S3 again.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Grogg growls and swings his scimitar and begins to chop away at the bones. His blow isn't fatal to the magically animated undead creature, but it's a start.
Grogg atk vs Skeleton 3: 1d20 (12) + 5
Total: 17 *hit*

Grogg dmg vs Skeleton 3: 1d6 (2) + 3
Total: 5
S1 = 13-5=8-14-3=dead
S2 = 13-9=4-1=3
S3 = 13-5=8

Arveene = 13 - 6= 7
Lorenzo and Sasha...

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:12 am

Swinging her blade once again, Sasha attacks the skeleton before her.
Attack the skellington again. ^_^

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Sasha brings her longsword down upon the skeleton smashing it's collar bone and slicing through it's rib cage. The magic animating the bones dissipates and the bone fragments splinter and fall and scatter on the stone floor.
Sasha longsword vs S2: 1d20 (11) + 5
Total: 16, hit
Sasha longsword dmg vs S2: 1d8 (7) + 3
Total: 10
S1 = 13-5=8-14-3=dead
S2 = 13-9=4-1=3-10=dead
S3 = 13-5=8
With one skeleton remaining, Lorenzo ...

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Lorenzo the Magnificent takes a single step forward, stepping over the remains of one skeleton and releases a fire bolt at the sole remaining creature. His bolt strikes the animated undead directly in the chest, shattering it's torso into shards of bone.
Lorenzo fire bolt vs Skeleton 3: 1d20 (19) + 5
Total: 24
Lorenzo dmg vs Skeleton 3: 1d10 (9)
Total: 9
**Combat over**

ManWithDoor

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:44 pm

Grogg taps the dust and bone fragments from his blade, then sheaths it. Say what you want about fighting skeletons, but at least it is a lot cleaner to tidy up afterwards. Hustling over to Arveene he pulls out cleans linens and begins bandaging up the slash in her side. "Here, let me help you. Good fight, just a bad luck blow." He chants the songs of his people as he patches her up.
Cast 'Cure Wounds' on Arveene. 1d8+2 healing.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:47 pm

Grogg Cure Wounds on Arveene: 1d8 (5) + 2
Total: 7

Arveene back to max hp

ManWithDoor

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:10 am

Grogg claps his companion on the back heartily, then stands back up. "Well, these things were hostile enemies, so I'm going to see if they have anything worthwhile quick-like. Then we need to keep moving."
Loot. Not interested in the mundane stuff on the skeletons or in their coffins/graves. Just if there's anything fence-able or interesting. Then I'm heading back to the South-East door I initially was trying to go for.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:35 am

"Yes, let's not give them time to muster a defense in case we are discovered."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:05 pm

Arveene continues to cradle her wound while Grogg chants. "Thank you. I had a hunch about those old bones. I should have trusted it." As the skin closes up, she casts Mending per article of clothing and protection rent by the attack, frowning at the big red blotch on her side.

"Sunny, let's give him a hand. Ha, I didn't want to pilfer my ancestors' belongings, but seeing as they're already defiled..."
Cantrip, Mending (multiple)
Arveene will Mend the tears in her clothing.

Perception/Investigation: then she will help Grogg & Sunny search for valuable or magical trinkets. (+Jack of All Trades bonus)

I gotta look at my remaining spell slots. I should have one more left.