Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:43 pm

The three remains of the skeletons contain bones and dust. Their weapons are rusty shortswords which doesn't seem valuable enough to carry. When the tombs are opened, they discover mostly moldering bones and scraps of clothing. Amid the bones in each sarcophagus are platinum signet rings. Inspection of the signet rings reveals the engraved Tresendar coat of arms.
Arveene easy recognizes the Tresendar coat of arms, no check required
No traps or other valuables/trinkets found.
3x platinum signet ring (50 gp), one in each tomb
Grogg is near the SE doors, are you going to open the doors?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:18 am

Grogg tosses the signet rings into a pouch. They can likely pawn them later on. He heads to the doors he was interested in in the first place, and tries to open them and go through.
Yes. Going SE.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Grogg pushes the double doors open to reveal a somber hallway lined with flagstones with a thick layer of dust. The walls are decorated with faux columns every ten feet. The double doors (on the hallway side) has a relief carving of a mournful angel gracing the doors. Another passageway appears on the opposite end of the hallway leading south.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Lorenzo stays at the back, letting his stronger companions go first. But his has his wizard's staff ready. He follows the others, eyes open.

ManWithDoor

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:36 am

Grogg looks back to check if the others are following after him, then heads down the hallway. He does take a moment to enjoy the artistry of the mournful angel carved into the stone. His home of wandering the wilds has opportunity to see great beauty, but this intentional imagery is arresting as well.

But he does not have the time to just sit there and enjoy the skill and artistry, he has work to do. So he heads to the far door to keep exploring.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:08 pm

Grogg walks forward through the hallway when suddenly... he triggers a hidden pit trap.

As the druid begins to fall, he tosses his scimitar and reaches out for the ledge. One of his hands catches the ledge and he pulls himself so his other hand can also grab hold of the ledge. Using both his hands, he hangs on the ledge narrowly avoiding the pit trap.
Passive Perception failed to detect

Grogg's dexterity check to avoid hallway trap: 1d20 (15) + 0
Total: 15 vs DC 15, passed

The dice gods must favor you. I didn't think you'd survive that fall. It would have been 2d6 bludgeoning damage...
Once the others hear the trap, they rush to find Grogg's fingers grasping the floor and holding his weight above a pit trap. On the north and south edges of the trap, there's a narrow ledge that can be used to pass by the trap.
The narrow ledge will require Acrobatics check, but it's just DC 10 - so normal difficulty

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:26 pm

"Wait for me...." Your little thief is still riffling through the coffins as Grogg takes the lead. "Of course, the one time I don't go a head there is a deadly trap I could have found." He hustles forward with the others to grab Grogg and pull him up to safety.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:11 am

Arveene runs to the edge and paws at one of Grogg's arms to try and help him up, but her assistance may amount to nothing on its own, owing to her effete lifestyle.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:57 am

Sasha moves to help as well, but she isn't particularly strong either. Perhaps the two of them can manage to aid the big man.

ManWithDoor

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:00 pm

With the help of the group the hefty half-orc is hauled back up onto solid ground. "And that's what I get for being impulsive." He takes a moment to breathe deeply, calming himself while sitting on the floor. "I need to get more used to these types of problems. I can spot a pit trap in the wild with some success, especially if the person laying it doesn't do a good job of blending the trap with the rest of the ground. Piled dirt, cleared branches, that sort of thing. But stone flooring? What the heck do I look for there?"
Grogg is looking for Pro-Tips from our Deep Gnome friend, as clearly he is out of his depths here, while the 'little thief' has shown great skill in this field.