Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:18 am

Grogg gratefully takes the coins, showing them in his coin pouch. "Yeah, now that you mention it. Been hearing about some trouble around town, some criminals called the Redbrands or whatever. Know anything about them? Don't like bullies. Was thinking of putting them in their place." He thumps a hand into a fist, for emphasis.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:05 am

Lorenzo smiles and nods as he stows away the money. He then agress with Grogg. "I do hope an honest man like you would not get into trouble with those Redbrands. And if yes, we need to do something. Maybe we can help." He smiles winningly and encouragingly.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:03 am

Arveene gives the gnome a concerned glance, and shrugs off the attitude and reaches for her payment. For all she knew, this was probably the little guy's first foray into how most people make an honest living. "Fair wages for fair work, Sunny."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:12 pm

*Shrug*

No one listens to the little gnome anyhow.

He just finds a place to sit down and wait.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 pm

"The Redbrands", Barthen spits on the ground and then continues, "are making it hard on everyone. They are shaking down local businesses and flouting the townmaster’s authority. They frequent the Sleeping Giant tap house, but don't go there unless you're looking for a fight."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:45 am

Grogg looks down at his well-worn arms and armor. "Already did well in the fighting ring. Not the same stakes, but I'd say I'm definitely looking for a fight with these Redbrand bastards."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:00 pm

The gnome get's a terribly evil grin on his face, then sighs, "Oh hum, I guess its off to the Sleeping Giant tape house." His spirits might actually be picking up a little thinking about shanking a few of these bullies.
I say we go there right away!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:28 am

Arveene gives the big tribal a funny look, and then adds, "Oh, I doubt we will find any thugs there this early...but we could still make a quiet inquiry with someone behind the bar about who, where, and when."

She turns back to Barthen and asks, "Does Daran Edermath frequent there? Do you know of his comings and goings?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Barthen responds to Arveene, "Yes, Daran stops by here when he needs tools and such. There's only two stores in town, us and the Lionshield Coster - so he doesn't have much choice unless he heads to Neverwinter or Triboar."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:04 pm

"Can you say anything about their leaders?" Lorenzo asks.