Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Barthen rubs his chin for a moment and then says, "They hassle every business in town, except for the Phandalin Miner’s Exchange. They don't mess with Halia Thornton. There was a young women that came by here this morning asking the same questions, she took off towards the taproom a few minutes before you arrived. She seemed to be looking for a guy named Silas who was somehow related to the Redbrands. I think their leader is a wizard of sorts, but he doesn't come around here much. I'm not sure where he's at."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:31 pm

Arveene exchanges a look with the rest of the group when Barthen mentions the Lionshield Coster. When he mentions the woman, she sks, "Was she the same woman from Neverwinter, who came by yesterday? Did she give a name?"
Last edited by RorytheRomulan on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:17 pm

Sildar isn't with you. He's in his office near the mayor/townmaster.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Grogg perks up at the idea of hitting the taproom. He's not a drunkard or anything, but spending most of his days solo in the woods doesn't leave many opportunities to get a good drink. "Well I think we should talk to this mystery woman, then probably stop by the Miner's Exchange to get any pro-tips on handling the Redbrands. After that," he pats his sheathed blade, "we should give them a taste of justice."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter 2: Phandalin

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Shurijo wrote:
Sildar isn't with you. He's in his office near the mayor/townmaster.
Oh alright, I trimmed my post, proceed

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:01 pm

"Well" smiles Lorenzo, "Let's have a look at the taproom and this mystery lady."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Barthen replies to Arveene, "She never said her name. She seemed in a hurry." The group then thanks Barthen and walks towards the Sleeping Giant taproom.

The Sleeping Giant is a ramshackle taproom at the east end of town. Empty ale barrels rest under a covered porch. As they enter the taproom, they see a group of human ruffians surrounding a young woman as she leans on the bar with a drink in her hand. She seems unfazed by the ruffians staring at her as a few begin to approach her.

When you enter, one of the thugs spits on the ground. “Well, well,” he snarls. “Here’s a whole pack of little puppies. What do you want, puppies? Come here to bark at us? Or come to find the stray puppy who's worn out her welcome?”

One of the thugs stands up from his chair and says, "I know you," pointing to Grogg, "That's the half-orc that bested Six-Fingers. I lost my month's coin on that match. Let's get'em and get my money back!"

Another bartender turns to the young woman at the bar and says, "Question time is over. You're asking too many. We can't let you leave here now."
Welcome @Othniel as Sasha . I'll PM you some more info.
Since tavern brawls are my favorite. Anyone that uses an improvised weapon gets Double Damage and Advantage on the attack and any crits with the improvised weapon knocks the person unconscious (like in the movies/TV) :)

Examples:
tables, chairs, and tankards/metal cups (and parts of them like legs) do club damage 2d4 (instead of normal 1d4), as long as the improvised item/weapon is normally found in a rundown taproom like this, anything is fair game

Note - there's no silverware or plates (no food here), but there's plenty of tables, bar stools, tables, empty (and full) kegs of ale, some fancy glass bottles of cheap whisky/liquors etc behind the bar
Heroes 16, Ruffians 1
You recognize the red cloaks (not people, but the cloaks color, style, etc.) from the other night's event.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:19 pm

The young woman at the bar has a slight build. She is shorter than most, standing only a little over four-and-a-half feet tall, and not seemingly suited for a tavern brawl. It is, perhaps, surprising then when she takes one more sip from her drink and throws the rest into the face of the thug standing next to her.

"Puppies? Surely you can do better than that? What a lame insult!"
I feel like this is probably a dex roll to hit and maybe a con save to avoid being momentarily blinded on the thug's part?

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Lorenzo: "True, my lady, but we cannot expect better insults from such lackwits."
Then the half elf puts some distance between him and the ruffians and, holding his quarterstaff, he casts a quick protective spell.
s,s,s,se
cast blade ward

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 pm

Grogg barks a laugh, the blood already beginning to pound in his ears at the prospect of a fight. "I bested Six-Fingers, and you boys think you can beat your coin out of me?" He lunges forward, grabbing ahold of one of the stools and swinging it around with full force. "Come and get me!"
5' step NE. Pick up the Stool that's NW of that point, and swing it around to attack #3.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."