Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 2: Phandalin

Post by Grimbold » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:32 pm

"Lorenzo the Magnificent. It is a pleasure to meet you." Lorenzo says, smiling widely.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Halia Thornton leans a hand on the counter and then walks out from behind. "The Redbrands are a problem. Those ruffians have been loitering around the Sleeping Giant tap house and have a base under Tresendar Manor. I can pay you 100 gp for eliminating Glassstaff, the Redbrand leader, and bringing me any correspondence that you find in his quarters."

She eyes the group looking for allies and continues, "If you're looking for more wealth, there's prospectors in the nearby streams and valleys bringing in enough gems and gold to make a good living."

Running her hand through her hair, she walks around the group continuing to size them. "There's also other ways to make more money both legal and illicit."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:48 am

Grogg grins at the acknowledgment of his strength. "Not so much the tap house anymore. They picked a fight they shouldn't have, and managed to get themselves locked up for a bit." He pauses, letting the silence speak for itself. "Good to hear they weren't lying about the base under Tresendar Manor. Confirmation is always good."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 pm

The little gnomes eyes twinkle at the idea of more money illegally gained.

"We should start by sticking a shank in Glassstaff first. Then we can worry about other ways to make money, I suppose."

He sits down on a small crate that would never hold the weight of the others. He waits for the others to do the boring talking part before they can get to the bleeding stabbings and reward part later on.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:37 am

Halia smiles at the deep gnome, saying "I like this one. After you take care of Glassstaff, come see me and we can talk more."

Looking at the others, she asks, "So? Are the rest of you as keen as your friend on taking care of their leader? I need any correspondence you find in his room as well."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:17 am

"I would prefer to avoid extra-legal forms of remuneration," Sasha suggests. "But I am all for going after these Redbrands and their friends. Glasstaff seems a good place to start."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:00 pm

Your deep gnome scoundrel just winks at Haila.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:39 pm

Arveene raises an eyebrow as Ms. Thornton walks around them and back to the front.

"Illicit's a pass for me. I'll bear the bounty and the prospectors in mind. But, what are you hoping to gleam from the scribbles of an outlaw ringleader playing king-of-the-hill?"

Persuasion
Also Deception: I might be downplaying Glassstaff's significance to play dumb, given what we know so far about the Black Spider and the Redbrands.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:20 am

Halia doesn't show concern over Arveene's questioning. She just replies, "I think he took something from me and I'd like to know what it was."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:52 am

"Alright, we might find something that looks like it would interest you... I hear that they prefer to keep clear of your business. What makes them afraid of you?"