Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:42 pm

"We should tie them up and turn them in after we are done here...or slay them," Sasha suggests quietly. "They may be drunk, but I prefer not to leave an enemy at my back."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:11 am

Arveene nods, and WHISPERS back, "Alright... Slay, then? I just spoke to the creature. It'll be lying in wait if we send them up as, well, 'payment'."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:25 pm

What's the plan? Walking back to middle area? Going through top door or bottom door (back way you came)? Taking the drunk redcloaks?

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:12 am

Let's tie the bandits up and then march them back the way we came towards the cavern to let the nothic have them for a snack. If they try to run, we'll shoot them.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Finished cleaning his boots the gnome shivers realizing what Arveene is thinking. "Cold hearted."

He shrugs, he doesn't mind, if they want to do that to these men who is he to stop them. Its one thing to kill man in a fight for your life, but another to parade them to their death in cold blood. These top siders are pretty cold blooded.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:52 pm

"Alright, let's do this and get on with it." Lorenzo assists with Arveene's plan.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Grogg frowns at the goings-on, his expression looking conflicted. He is not an overly religious man, although he was raised under the directive of Gruumsh to "Raid, Kill, Conquer". He found peace living in the woods, interacting with communities only periodically. Over time he has re-examined his beliefs, and has started gravitating towards the worship of Tempus, Lord of Battles. Violence with a purpose, honor in combat, that sort of thing. Clearly conflicting views of taken from the religious angle.

Regardless, he doesn't feel certain enough about anything to step in and stop this. Something to emotionally grapple with later.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 am

Hold no pity for those who suffer and die, for death is the natural end of life. Sasha barely whispers the words, though somewhere in the recesses of her mind she is aware of the strange inconsistencies she holds regarding the deaths of others and the death of her sister.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Wasn't sure if you were only talking about the conscious thugs or all of the thugs, so I'm dragging the unconscious ones there as well (they are the semi-transparent icons). Let's imagine you had the conscious ones drag the unconscious ones (if you prefer to leave unconscious in room, then I'll just remove those icons).

Kinda hard to fit everybody into that chamber, so let me know anyone wants to trade places with anyone else
The group binds the hands of the four Redbrand ruffians. The two conscious men drag the other two unconscious ones back into the large room with the recessed crevasse and the one-eyed nothic being.

As they present their offerings to the creature, the nothic telepathically says, "Food?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:46 am

Well, dang it. This is the moment of truth, isn't it? Arveene looks between the creature and the back of the man in front of her. Whatever they are, or what they do, they can't deserve to be eaten alive. Can they? She looks back at the nothic's one eye, wondering if it can sense the party's dilemma, and what it feels. Schadenfreude? Delight? Nothing?

She casts Message again, but instead of the monster, the recipient is Sunny.

Message (Sunny)
You are right. This is foolish. Let's just kill them and be done with this. On my mark, alright?

She levels her rapier at the back of the Redbrand, where his heart should be, and hesitates for a beat, then looks down at her gnome friend, gives him a nod. She skewers the Redbrand with her blade.

Food, she answers. As we agreed.
Killing R1.