Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:48 pm

Everbody still onboard? Feels this game is slipping, which is okay with me.
If the game is already a dead horse then we can just stop kicking it.
I'm okay either way.
Pushing the door open, Grogg sees walls of this bedchamber covered with drapes of scarlet cloth. The furnishings include a small writing desk with matching chair, a comfortable-looking bed, and a wooden chest at the foot of the bed.

Sitting at the desk is a short, dark-bearded human male in robes, studying a tome. He wears a princely mantle of ermine. A beautiful glass staff leans against his chair, within easy reach.

When the secret door opens, the man turns and looks surprised.
heroes, boss

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:21 pm

Arveene knows a good opportunity when she sees one. She doesn't know much about Glasstaff, but when she sees him staring back like a kid caught with their hand in a cookie jar, she springs into action.

She pushes her way through the group and into the room, and snatches up the staff. As soon as she has the staff, she yells, "Get 'em!"
Edited: I cannot leave the room with my remaining movement. :(

1. Move into room
2. Pick up staff

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:07 pm

"Mister Glasstaff, I presume?" Grogg rushes forward and tries to grab the wizard-looking guy, shutting him down before he can act.
Move 2 West, attempt to initiate a Grapple.

I'm happy to continue with this campaign. I like Grogg.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:10 pm

All my games are slipping, but I still am in for this one. Its like the only game I'm a player in
Without much ado the little gnomish backstabber charges into the room and attempts to hamstring the man. He could be a local, a friendly, or an enemy, doesn't matter to him at this point. He needs to just stab someone, so he tries on this man even if Grogg is holding him.
Move N,W, S (no AoO right he hasn't acted yet)
Stabby Stab Stab with sneak attack?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:49 pm

Arveene rushes into the room, grabs the wizard's glass staff, and steps out of the way for Grogg. The half-orc rushes in after the woman and initiates a grapple contest with the wizard. The strength of the half-orc cannot be matched by the wizard's physical strength or agility. Grogg wraps his large arms around the wizard.

The Deep Gnome slips by both Grogg and Arveene and jumps atop the bed in order to get an angle on the wizard. With Grogg holding the man, the Deep Gnome seemingly cannot miss. His shortsword stabs the wizard in the side opening a wound and doing considerable damage.
Arveene move, pick up/interact object

----

Grogg move, grapple
Using at least one free hand, you try to seize the target by making a grapple check instead of an attack roll: a Strength (Athletics) check contested by the target's Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check (the target chooses the ability to use).
1d20+5 (str:ath) vs 1d20+2

Grogg = 1d20 (18) + 5
Total: 23

Wizard = 1d20 (18) + 2
Total: 20

grapple - success

----

Deep Gnome, move, atk
Deep Gnome adv atk = 2d20kh1 (2, 15) + 5
Total: 20
dmg = 1d6+3+1d6= 1d6 (5) + 3 + 1d6 (5)
total = 13
wizard - grappled, 22 - 13 = 9

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:19 pm

Pleased at how well the party seems to have taken Glasstaff by surprise, Sasha releases an Eldritch Blast before shouting, "Glasstaff, you are under arrest in the name of the Lord's Alliance!"

I think we're presuming nonlethal take down, so I'll just Eldritch Blast here.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:41 pm

Lorenzo readies a sleep spell and if Glassstaff in any way starts to cast a spell, he flings the sleep on him.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:50 pm

The mage pleads with the aggressors, "I surrender!" Raising his hands, he stands up from his seat. Sasha, the Lords' Alliance agent, instantly recognizes the mage known as Glasstaff to be ... Iarno Albrek. The former member of the Lords’ Alliance, Iarno was originally tasked with setting up a constabulary in town and was thought to have disappeared.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Grogg waves off the others to relent, keeping his beefy hands solidly attached to the man's shoulders. "Surrendering is good. Now explain yourself and what you've done here, before we decide you're not worth the trouble. And don't bother calling for help. We've gotten rid of your minions and the monster getting here already."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:56 pm

The mage looks at the half-orc as he tries to adjust himself. "My good gentlemen and ladies, I regret that I cannot provide suitable entertainment my guests. Good servants are difficult to come back nowadays. Can we speak as friends? What brings you to my domain?"