Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:55 pm

As the group discusses the Dendrar family, the children cry, "I want to get out of here. I can't stay here any more." Their mother tries to comfort them knowing that the adventurer's discussion has merits on both sides.

"We can lock the door from here and we won't let anyone inside." The mother says. "How we will know its you and not them?" She asks.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:25 pm

The gnome makes sure the cages are open, and the door will lock.

Sigh

"We can knock three times, and call out the password. Redbrands are all dead, its safe to come out."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:44 pm

"I can also send a message through the door. You will know it is me if you can hear my voice and answer it, like magic. Does that satisfy? Here, you may have these if you need to eat."

Arveene offers the mother food from her dry rations for her and the kids.

(Arveene -1 Rations)

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Satisfied with the food and answer. The woman agrees but requests they move the dead Redbrands out of the room, before she locks and barricades the door. The group complies, pulling the two thugs out of the slave pens and placing them behind the stone sarcophagi in the crypts.

With a few directions and rooms left to investigate the group now decides to ...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:58 pm

Grogg drags the last body, dumping it not-so-gently against one of the stone coffins. "Well, you all already persuaded me to leave the area by the trap alone for now. So we get the boss, then clear out that last space. Once we're sure we've cleared all the Redbrands out, then we come back and guide the family back to town? That sound good?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:07 pm

"Well, what are we waiting for? Lorenzo the Magnificent is not one to back down from danger." Lorenzo smiles, trying to impress the present females with his bravado.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:12 pm

"I think you're right. We should find their boss and end this as quickly as we can. Between the 'directions' we had drawn for us and our own exploring, it looks like we have more than one way to reach him, too. He probably won't be expecting us to pile in through a secret door. Let's try the one we found on the west side of the room with the animal pelts."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:31 pm

The group decides to head back to the storage room and move through the secret door. The Deep Gnome inspects for physical traps and finds none. Moving forward they find a narrow hallway with stairs heading downwards to another wall, which everyone surmises must be another secret door. The Deep Gnome searches and locates the door and how to open it.
Marching order?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Grogg is still in good shape, enough at least to stay at the front and provide protection from the more squishy folk. He indicates that he will be the first through the door, after the gnome opens it successfully. The others can come in afterwards, but at least if there is an unpleasant surprise waiting for them he can take the hit for the others.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Lorenzo will stay at the back, letting his stronger companions go first.