Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 21, 2020 4:46 am

"Well, glad to have you on board, Yuk Yuk." He goes about bandaging his own wounds, now that the goblin has been patched up. "I'm glad to take these few minutes to explore our surrounds, but gathering around the fire for an hour to heal up isn't likely to happen. We didn't make too big of a ruckus, but if anyone deeper glances out here, they'll know something has gone horribly wrong. And I'm big, but not big enough to pretend to be a Nothic."
I'd rather not Short Rest, even though I took 4 HP of wounds. I don't think we have the time to sit around.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri May 22, 2020 5:06 pm

Arveene glances at the north door in confusion, and pulls a face at Yuk Yuk diving into foul-smelling meat. She looks for something blunt she can use to bash skeletons with, and then faces Grogg.

"Yes... I suppose we wouldn't want to be randomly found out by reinforcements."

To Sasha, she says, "I think you're right. The leader of the goblins who ambushed the supply wagon we were guarding was another bugbear. Their king is in the Black Spider's pocket. They kidnapped Gudrun and his kin, and took their map. And now we know that he's paying Glasstaff to bully the town. Obviously to keep them from seeking help from outside...to buy time to accomplish some goal here. Related to that map, perhaps? What do you think?"
History: from her own academia, Does Arveene know if Phandalin or Tresendar Manor have any connection to the Drow?

Are there any ranged ammo designed to do bludgeon damage here in the barracks? Either way, I'm getting a club.

I agree. No Short Rest. What a shame.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Sat May 23, 2020 4:36 pm

"Sounds like a very plausible connection to me," Sasha answers. "As I said, I advise caution in this if Black Spider is involved."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Sat May 23, 2020 6:23 pm

There no connection between Phandalin/Manor and drow that you know of.

There's various things (leg of chair/table, etc.) you can use as a Improvised Weapon (1d4), but no blunt ammo.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon May 25, 2020 4:18 am

"Alright, we'll be careful." The prim bard ponders at the chairs and table, and gives up. "Blunt force strong enough to crack bone is the bane of skeletons, being all bone themselves," she says, looking down at the gnome and the goblin. "We'll make do with what we have."

She pulls one of her daggers from her belt with practiced ease and holds it out for Yuk Yuk, with the grip forward. "You need a weapon. Take this, to be safe."

She turns back to Sasha. "The estate shouldn't be meaningful to the Drow. It's just a base for the bandits. Their own little palace of dirt," she sneers. "Ms. Thornton at the Miner's Exchange thinks their leader took something from her. She said that she has friends they don't want coming after them. Who do you think she meant by 'friends'?"
I would be just as effective if I were punching them instead. I should get a sling when I can.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 27, 2020 7:25 pm

Your little gnome swipes the eye patch, and searches everyone one of the corpses. Is blood work, but he doesn't mind it, at least no one is stabbing at him. He loots everything he can and only pockets a few loose copper coins here and there, nothing major. He follows along with the others with his typical glum attitude.

After a bit he comments to the group, when Yuk Yuk is busy doing something else. "I don't trust Yuk Yuk, you can't trust anyone that short."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Thu May 28, 2020 12:45 am

"Or someone who turns on his allies so quickly. Keep an eye on that one," Sasha says, agreeing. "I'm not sure what Thornton meant though. Perhaps some sort of criminal organization?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 28, 2020 11:28 pm

As they stand around the common room Yuk Yuk moves over to the gambling table and quickly devours the scraps of food and drinks left by the Redbrands.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri May 29, 2020 1:40 pm

"I suppose we'll find out, if we find something when we're tossing through Glasstaff's belongings." She then glances over to where Yuk Yuk helps himself to the bandits' snacks - and the beer... Yes, time to push on. "We had best move on, at any rate. To the crypts, then?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:50 am

The half-orc agrees that Yuk-Yuk is not proven to be reliable, but isn't in a killing mood for no good reason. If the creature turns out to be a danger to them, then they can stab that bridge later. "Sounds like we're all in agreement then. Good." He looks over to the gnome. "Would you mind scouting ahead again? I'll be the next guy behind, ready to back you up at a moment's notice."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."