Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Tresendar Manor

Post by Othniel » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:51 am

Sasha waits impatiently, wondering what disgusting refuse the horrid little creature may have considered treasures.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Tresendar Manor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:05 am

Grogg keeps an eye out while the deep gnome risks life and limb climbing into the lair of a strange creature. Maybe it has ... eggs down there? Spawnlings that are hungry for a snack? Ichor that can melt flesh down to the bone? The gnome is a brave man to go down there with so many unknowns.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:56 am

Arveene thinks about reassuring the goblin, and then remembers what the others said about trusting him, and decides to keep it to herself that the nothic is actually dead. If Yuk Yuk decides to bail on them, he might pick a different route than the cave opening.

She waits up at the top of the crevasse with an eye toward the north, fussing impatiently, but calls down mannerly, "Did you find anything?"
Slave pens is where I wanna go. 2b.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:43 pm

A cave dwelling race the Deep Gnome is at home i the dark and stony crevasse. He is careful and slow however, "Wait a moment, I'm working on it....ahhhhhh (sigh)" Then he sets to work to see what he can see.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Tresendar Manor

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:22 pm

Apparently I missed the loot post!
"Ugh, smells so bad..." he collects everything as quick as thinking and then climbs up out of the smell. Once topside he drops all the treasure for the group to paw through.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:08 pm

When Sunny returns, he displays the found treasure revealing... 60 silver pieces, 120 gold pieces, 4 malachite gems, 2 potions of healing, a spell scroll of augury, and a longsword in a silver-chased scabbard.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:10 am

Arveene's eyes trace the hilt of the sword, worked in the shape of a falcon with its wings splayed. She picks it up. The silver flashes a dull glint from the sunlit mouth of the cave. On a hunch, she pulls the weapon partway out of the scabbard. There's an inscription in the blade, which she reads, and smiles jubilantly.

"'Talon'. I didn't think it would be down there. The monster must have recovered it. It was lost when Ser Aldith Tresendar, the 'Black Hawk', died fighting the orc invaders in these caves. You found it!" She signs a blessing of Oghma and straps the blade and scabbard to her side, where it hangs off her belt. "My claim will be stronger with this, if I can keep it, after we clear this manor. Thank you, Sunny."
Arveene takes the sword. The rest of the loot doesn't matter to her.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Tresendar Manor

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:57 pm

I have Grogg being wounded at 9/19 hp. Let me know if that looks right, if so we can continue on.
As Arveene collects and inspects the longsword, she talks about her claim. Yuk Yuk eagerly rushes forward towards the coins and gems, but halts when Sunny steps in front of him. "Yuk Yuk. Get reward. Yuk Yuk saved you from bridge?" the goblin begs.
Continue on towards slave pens? Cross the bridge?

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Tresendar Manor

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:32 pm

"You look very beautiful with that sword! A fine blade for a gorgeous lady." Lorenzo smiles at Arveene. "Where do we go now?"

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Tresendar Manor

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:51 am

"Thank you. It does look very sharp." She pulls a puzzled expression. "And it's so clean, too. Right, to the slave pens."

When Yuk Yuk begs for a share, she asks, "How do we get across?"