Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 2: Phandalin

Post by Grimbold » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:01 pm

"Sounds good. Let's talk to Daran." Lorenzo says.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:12 pm

"Right. It always falls to me to do the hard work." (SIGH)

The little gnome readies himself, checks his gear, he's prepared for a full on tactical assault.

"Let's go....(inhale...... exhale)"

And off he goes with the others.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:11 am

Grogg keeps silent until they exit, then looks over to the gnome. "I'm with you there. This place is more than useless, it feels like they're actively working to get worse. Fools they are." He cracks his knuckles. "But still, I'm in on beating up those Redbrands. Even if the locals won't help."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:44 am

Arveene nods respectfully to Sildar. "I understand, and you are right: someone must keep an eye on the jailbirds."

Outside, she puts a finger on her chin, and muses, "Ms. Thornton at the Miner's Exchange might give us a hand. Something about her, or that place of business, keeps the Redbrands away. Ought we first go and inquire with her?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:56 pm

Miner's Exchange or Edermath Orchard?

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:08 am

"The more information we gather, the better," Sasha suggests. "I would like to meet this Ms. Thornton."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Before the group rushes straight to Tresendar Manor to face the Redbrands, they decide to stop and inquiry with Halia Thornton at the Phandalin Miner's Exchange. The Miner’s Exchange is a trading post where local miners have their valuable finds weighed, measured, and paid out. In the absence of any local lord or authority, the exchange also serves as an unofficial records office, registering claims to various streams and excavations around the area. There isn’t any real gold rush in Phandalin, but enough wealth is hidden in the nearby streams and valleys to support a good number of independent prospectors.

Behind the counter, a human woman stands eyeing the newcomers as they enter into the exchange. "You don't look like miners, but the strong one there," nodding to Grogg, "could make a good life working for the guild. The gnome as well. There's lots of ore veins that require strong or small folk which could lead you to great wealth as a guild member. And as they say, with great wealth comes great power and influence."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:14 am

"You must be Ms. Halia Thornton," says the token blueblood. "I am Lady Arveene of House Cliffshade. These are my new friends..."

She waves to the rest of you if you would like to speak up - notably more in Sasha's direction.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:43 pm

The never sunny little gnome shakes his head, "Of course, I could be making money becoming rich, but instead here I am wandering around with this lot, always putting my life at risk. It figures." He sighs and slumps his shoulders and just looks at the woman with resignation in them.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:48 pm

"Sasha Duskmantle," the Warlock said, putting her hand forward to Ms. Thornton. "Pleasure to meet you. We were hoping you might be willing to share some information on Phandalin's Redbrand problem."
+5 to Persuasion if needed.