Chapter 2: Phandalin

Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to five characters of 1st level. During the course of the adventure, the characters will advance to 5th level. The adventure is set a short distance from the city of Neverwinter in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms setting. The Sword Coast is part of the North-a vast realm of free settlements surrounded by wilderness and adventure.
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 2: Phandalin

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:21 pm

Lorenzo waits and studies Halia as she answers.
Sense motive

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:27 am

Halia smirks and replies, "I have friends they don't want to mess with, so they don't mess with me. I hear you caused a ruckus over at the taproom. If you don't come for them, I have a feeling they'll be coming for you."
Perception: *hidden*

Inconclusive - You get a feeling that she's not being completely honest, but you can't tell about what.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:30 am

Grogg nods. "Yeah, that's why I am eager to get them first. The faster we resolve this conversation, the sooner we can get on ending these ruffians."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:17 am

"That is one sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with." Sasha idly rests her hand upon the pommel of her blade.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:28 pm

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Lorenzo the Magnificent smiles. "Off we go."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:31 pm

The group leaves the Mining Guild office and begins walking towards Tresendar Manor. The manor stands at the east edge of town on a low hillside amid woods and thickets. As they approach the manor, they notice the manor is more a castle than a house. The ancient manor has long been abandoned.
Going in through the front door?

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:38 pm

"We might consider a stealthy approach to the manor," Sasha suggests. "Looks abandoned, but looks can be deceiving. We could go around and look for an alternate means of ingress."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:03 am

Grogg might be a straight-forward individual, but he's not an idiot. He wouldn't have survived in the wilderness this long if he was. "Good plan. Walking right up to their den is liable to get us full of arrows. Quiet and stealthy is the way to go."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:53 pm

The group stalks around the manor. Many of the windows, walls, and wooden doors are destroyed or in various states of ruin. Over 500 years ago, the manor was overtaken by orcs and destroyed as Sir Aldith Tresendar was slain.

The manor is approximately 125 ft long by 80 ft wide. There are several thickets along the southern (back) wall which is also adjacent to the woods. As they trek around the castle, Sunny notices human-sized footprints leading towards the manor from various directions, mostly from town and the woods located behind the manor. There appears to be no activity and nobody in the visible portions of the manor. In fact, it appears abandoned and empty to all with no signs of anyone other than scattered

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:24 pm

"Tracks."

The deep gnome points out the tracks.

"Stay here."

He slips into the shadows and slides through the brush and bramble to get in as close to the courtyard along the tickets. He looks over the back yard area in the cover of the brush, gazes at the windows, roof, door, all for signs of watchers. He scans the ground and any tracks to see if they have a defined trail, perhaps avoiding an area where a pit might be dug, or a trap laid. Once he's done his job he comes back and reports his findings to the others matter a factly with a sigh.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring