This is the OOC forum for D&D 5e Lost Mine of Phandelver
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Character Creation Chatter & Questions

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Since I can't gain advantage for having the initiative, I'll wait until a flanking option provides itself so I can sneak attack. I will post last for the heroes (pointless high initiative for rogues!) Until 3rd level, then Assassin Arch Type!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:55 am

I also wanted Arveene to goad the bugbear to come after her. Sorry for not saying it before. Did it work? Maybe next time I should use Deception.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:00 pm

Rory, I understood, but there's no way for him to run through Grogg, Lorenzo, and Sunny. I forgot to post that bit in the message. Sorry about any confusion.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat May 16, 2020 7:55 pm

I regret bringing living people for the nothic to "cannibalize". We could have left it alone until we were ready to deal with it later.

I've been treating this as Arveene's pseudo-audition into the Lords' Alliance. It might be because of the way I play her, but I'm worried sometimes when the party unanimously agrees with her. You can totally say "No, let's do something different." If you want to call her out, go right ahead. She wants to be a good leader and listen to advice, and I'm still feeling her character out as we go, but she's definitely inexperienced and sheltered as far as would be appropriate for someone of her age. She's fresh out of bard college (an actual college dedicated to Ioun) and ready to get her hands dirty, so to speak.

@Grimbold Arveene treats the flirtation from Lorenzo as quaint and funny, but she doesn't have any intentions of going anywhere with it. She's looking to marry up. I'm sorry for not clearing the air before. I didn't know how to have her respond initially.