d20 Modern Feat Progession?

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:21 pm

Speaking of which -- what is the feat progression in d20 modern?

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:45 am

The Feat progression is identical to D&D (Feat every 3rd level), EXCEPT:

Each of the six basic classes (Strong, Fast, Tough, Smart, Dedicated, and Charismatic Hero) gets a bonus Feat every other level, starting at 2nd and progessing to 10th (all the basic classes have only ten levels). This bonus Feat must be chosen from a specific list, a lot like the bonus Fighter Feats from D&D.

The Advanced classes (they work like Prestige Classes, but are considerably easier to get into) get a Bonus Feat every third level (i.e, 3rd, 6th, and 9th). Again, this Feat is chosen from a specific list.

As a footnote, since all the characters in a d20 Modern game are assumed to be human, every character gets two Feats to start with.

Almost forgot... every character has an occupation attached to their class, which sometimes comes with a bonus Feat (usually a choice between one or two).

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Re: d20 Modern Feat Progession?

Post by Fencer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:23 am

Thanks. I was hoping that.

I'm starting a d20 Modern game over on the WoTC boards with a fourth-level character, set in the world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Being middle-aged, I have naturally taken on the role of a watcher.

That fourth-level feat should definitely come in handy; I want Precise Shot AND some kind of armor proficiency if my character is going to routinely go into combat as part of a two-person team.