Notable Quotes

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Notable Quotes

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Game: Eberron
Player: Tetnak

As the group walks into what they figure is the sewers under the city of Passage. Benmarow, the shifter pimp...
Benmarrow wrote:Benmarrow holds his nose, "Is this the sewer?" he asks, obviously not pleased with the smell. "Smells worse that a hobgoblin's crotch." He frowns, grunting to himself, "And I know ..."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:10 am

Concerning the man himself, Vardaen... While speaking about the bad weather and accidents on the way to out L5R Dojo game:

"I'm stopped at the red light. Now pretend I'm the midget..."

Why do those damn midgets keep popping up?!?!??!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Player: Trogdor

As the group is talking about hunting Vampires, some how it comes up that Benmarrow and Valtrith are becoming more and more alike, and they fall to talking about sexual conquests.
Val wrote: "But I think I'll take a raincheck on the hobgoblin," he adds with a smirk. "I'm more of a goblin man, anyway."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Game: Star Wars
Player BrokenWire

The group opens up an ancient Sith Tomb Darious is careful to not loot. Brokenwire's typo is classic...

BrokenWire wrote: As for himself he makes no move to disturb or loot Anthony from the room.
I think he meant Any Thing, but I'll be sure not to bother Darth Anthony!

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon May 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Game: Warhammer
Player: MadVlat

Situation: Fleeing from an army of Mutants we encounter the not so friendly people of Grimminhagen (The Bailiff says: "Filthy Dwarfs"). Back on the road, Voldo (a dwarf) does the following:

Voldo is steaming as he walks with his brethern and the spitting elf back to the caravan. At the junction in the road leading to the doomed town of the graf. He finds a piece of wood as he takes a break. Picking up a sharp stone he makes a sign. When finished he places it where it is sure to be seen by the advancing forces of darkness. It reads, Hey muties, bettin' you can't take us in a fair fight. Signed the Graf. An arrow marking the path to town. He admires his work and smirk's. "Filty dwarves, dis' be gettin' dem da' 'tention dey be needing". Then slinging the hammer to his shoulder once again he finishes the journey back to the caravan with the others...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Game: Zakhara
Character: Sayyid
Player: Bitom

In reply to the fact that his vulture companion is eating a monkey...

Sayyid smiles and nods. "I'm surprised she's not too fat to fly... she's been eating giant all night." "You are like a pig!" he calls out to his pet, then turns back to his coffee."

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Game: XCrawl at BrennCon 2008
Player: Snake_oil_Sean
Character: The Buldge

"So, I'm there sitting on the lap of a blow up doll..." - in reference to how exactly a halfling was going to steal a car.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:50 pm

The Entirity of Team Bren- as overheard by Team Chicago at the crawl-

"OH YEAH!" ~said like the kool-aid man as a monster busts through some soji screens.

And the last one...

Player- Kiernan_Nucklavee
Character- "Mr. F" the cleric

"Oh, Wait- they're undead?" ~3 rounds into combat.~
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Character: Benmarrow
Player: TetNak

This needs no introduction...

"Hobgoblins' snatch is like a bear trap!" Benmarrow yells, his voice carrying across the room. "Trust me, I know!"

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:35 am

Charcter: Benmarrow
Player TetNak

Trogdor's Character, Val looking towards a building called the "Drunken Dryad" Says; "Come on Benmarrow," he says, urging the shifter down a side street, "I'm going to introduce you to a drunken dryad now."

Tet' Character Replies; "What?!?" Benmarrow says, "Drunken dryad? You serious!?!" He has a huge smile on his face. "Damn, Val, you might overtake Tin Man as my best friend with this kinda move!" He starts laughing and slapping Val on the back, quickly forgetting that they are being followed.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.