Notable Quotes

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Notable Quotes

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:38 am

Why are 90% of these quotes from Benmarrow? :)
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:39 am

Because he is the shifter PIMP do we need anymore reason... :lol:
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Trogdor's character Bashir in Zakhara, after releasing a guardian genie from a trap in an ancient holy crypt...

Then he looks back at the efreeti and adds, "I suppose it won't do any good to tell you that I'm the reincarnation of Suhail's brother?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:58 pm

This is Brennor's character Llorne, but its Eanwulf that actually came up with the song... I'll post the whole thing here, but just the first two lines of the song really sum it up.
Meanwhile elsewhere in the canyon, the sound of Llorne's battle-hymn can still be heard echoing throughout the chasm's rocky walls. Wishing to aid his companions, the bard carefully makes his way to the northeast. Once having reached a comfortable enough of a position, the half-elf then pauses his tune long enough to cast a spell upon one of the orcs nearby. With but a wink and a grin, Llorne quickly marks his target and begins to recite a foolhardy ditty, tapping his foot in time with the lyrics.

[Common]
'œPig'¦pork,
Big Dumb Orc!

Wishes he knew how to eat his dinner,
With a knife and fork!

Oh'¦

Pig'¦pork,
Big Dumb Orc'¦'

The spell soon finds it target and one of the orcs begins to scowl furiously as it finds itself humming along with the bard's prankish tune. The creature then bellows loudly in anger as it begins to recite the spell's lyrics over and over again.

'œPig'¦pork,
Big Dumb Orc!'
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat May 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Eberron: MotLW

Bitom/Les

On how the group will know there is danger during Les' watch...
Les smiles at Val. "OK... when you hear me yell 'Wake up! wake up! aaaaarrrgh! it's got me!' then it's your watch."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat May 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Mystery Men: Commercy City

Deadman/GM

On the alien planet the group travels with the local good guys to the harbor area...
"We use submersibles to cross the lake beneath the ice cubes, on the rare occasion it's necessary. Normally when we leave the island it's spacebound. Unfortunately it looks like the Foreheads destroyed the docks after we escaped."

A few yards away there's the burnt remnants of the docks. Caught in the shallows are pieces of debris from the ruins of several small high-tech submarines.

"All my subs are toasted," says Quizno sadly.
I love me some toasted subs! Nice one Deadman.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:39 pm

Game: World of Warcraft RPG

3rd-I / Gizzik the Goblin Tinker

The group is debating on what to do about a Kolkar Centuar to run away/surrender...
He yells across to the centaur. "You hear that you son of an Ass? You're gonna be a toothbrush!"

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:37 am

I thought I would share this one from this weekends Serenity Table Top at Centerfield Comics Shop
"There is a midget in the engine room!", the pilot Tim discovering the shy 3 year old girl was a midget dude
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Bitom as Les in Eberron after a Gibbering Mouther tries to acid spit him..

Les slips to the side and then turns his full attention on the mouther. "Oh, no you did NOT just spit that green shit at me!" He then gets to work on the next spell.

Lawson
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lawson » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:39 am

Cattywumpus wrote:boys have diseases, like cooties.
Quoted for truth.

:D