Funny tabletop memories?

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
DSCastle
Level 1
Level 1
User Class: Ranger

Re: Funny tabletop memories?

Post by DSCastle » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Hahahaha!!! Good times.
"You effing need me"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:30 pm

I remember the 1980ies, when we cheated in old D&D first edition. There, you get an XP for each gold coin plundered from defeated enemies. So our group went to find a lone goblin, made him a present of all of our money, and then killed him, plundering (and getting XP for) the money we had given him. Repeat, and soon we were level 36.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:05 pm

I remember one time in our 7th grade afterschool D&D club (yes we had one for an extremely brief timespan) where our Basic D&D characters (played outside of club also) reached 3rd level and fought some kind of animated suits of armor wielding greatswords. Anyways, the fighter in our group took a particularly nasty blow (14/20 of his hit points) and the overly-dramatic and still naive DM described it as:

"Oh man, he hits you hard with his sword! I mean, like, he just cut your head off and shit! It's rolling around on the floor!"

Our fighter (Donnie) never missed a cue. He simply stated:

"Well crap! I pick it up and beat him to death with it!"

Which he proceeded to do too!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:04 pm

End of high school era or perhaps the first summer after college started, can't recall.

Anyhow, we were playing MERPS, the company was camped not far from Goblin-town in the Anduin Vale. Brennor's character was on night watch and he heard orc voices in the woods.

He did not wake the party. He didn't really do anything, but sit there listening to the voices. Of course the orcs found them and attacked them slaughtering them in their sleep. MERPS could be brutal.

Brennor came under fire from the rest of the players, and he shouted reply, hands waving in the air, "WHAT! You want me to wake you up every time I hear orc voices in the middle of the night when I'm on watch?!?!"

To which the entire chambers shouted back, "YES!"

Ah fine memories. The next day Brennor claimed to have not even remembered that we were over the night before playing. He played the whole thing off as some sort of short term sleep deprived amnesia event. :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Heh. A buddy of mine used to incessantly draw maps for his campaigns. Sadly, he would only abbreviate their room descriptions. I can not tell you the amount of times we found random maps with the phrase "Orc shit on wall" denoted as a random room's description. So much in fact, it quickly became a popular catch phrase among our gaming group at the time whenever he DM'd.

LOL *EDIT* - we even had one of the group name his character Osow the Cleaner of South Rimbodel due to the guy's aforementioned habits. Osow standing for "orc shit on wall".
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!