Need some serious tech help

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Daz318
Level 6
Level 6
User Class: Rogue

Post by Daz318 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:50 pm

So I can't log in to my computer a couple of days ago I created a Microsoft email so that I could download something from the store, for some reason it synced to my windows and changed my login password, I know what password I used for the email but when I type it it tells me it is wrong, I tried going through the Microsoft password recovery page but after I fill out the firm it tells me that I didn't give them enough info, does anybody know if there is a way to get around this without having to reset my computer to factory specs?

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:02 pm

I presume you're using a Windows 10? Did you login to your PC through a MSA before creating the new account, or did you use a local account?
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Daz318 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:10 pm

I created a local account originally, and a couple days ago I was forced to create a Microsoft one to download an app, now instead of asking me for my local password it asks me for the email one and when I type it it tells me it is the wrong password, and yes it is windows 10.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Ugh.

I assume you know the PW for both accounts.

If none the reset password options work, I don't know what you can do next. Sorry, never had to deal with that.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Daz318 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah I know both passwords, and the password reset crappy from Microsoft tells me the information I submitted to them is wrong even though It is the same information I used to create the thing in the first place. I called them and they told me that they don't handle anything that has to do with personal information over the phone I have to go through the forms...

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm

I work in Windows 10 support and can frankly so you're screwed @Daz318. We get these cases all the time and pretty often they can't be solved. The upcoming anniversary update should fix it, but right now try:
-Checking the alternate email you gave for account for 'confirm account' type email.
-Try logging into the account with your old password.
-If you can, create another account.

If you can't, restore factory settings and start again... signing in with an MSA from the start.

As for the forms: contact validation support, and answer -everything-. Even things that aren't there, such as folders. Just say "I have not created" or something to the effect. Make sure you fill out the form from same IP as you created it.

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Daz318 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:27 pm

Is there no way to get around it? Some password recovery software or something like that?

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:40 pm

Microsoft has no hacking software for their own stuff, and I wouldn't recommend using anything third party because there's a good chance it either won't work, be illegal or steal your information.