Godbound--a free RPG for playing demi-gods

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:00 pm

I thought I might call people's attention to a new game, Godbound, in case anyone's interested in it. It's an RPG for playing demi-gods. It's built on the familiar d20 chassis, but heavily modifies it--for instance, while there are ten levels, there are no classes. Your abilities are based on the "Divine Words" you take. And even at first level, you can casually kill several normal people or monsters with a single blow--your real opponents are other godbound, eldritch horrors and the like. And the game is free! There's also a non-free deluxe version, which includes an appendix of several additional, optional rules, but the free version has everything you need to play--rules for characters, the GM, monsters and an optional setting. I'm in a Godbound campaign on another site--it's just getting started, so I really haven't had a chance to test out the rules much, but it seems like a good game.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Sounds like something you should run!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Ha! Part of me might like to run a game, but I really don't have the free time. And, knowing my own faults, I would get so stressed out trying to get everything perfect, that it would become work instead of fun.