Moderating Forums Question

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Is there a way to pre-arrange or even re-arrange the order in which thread topics are organized (other than sticky or announcement) in a particular folder?

As in, my Starknight OOC folder - there are topics there for PCs NPCs Alien Races etc; each one handled as its own topic. Sadly, they fluctuate in order due to being time-stamped and new additions to a thread placing it at the top of the order and what not.

I was trying to see whether or not they could be fixed or locked in their respective positions and if so, how to go about re-stacking them into proper position.

I'll elaborate further if need be.
Last edited by Eanwulf on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:28 am

The only order I know is Announcements -> Sticky - Normal.

If you had less than 3 of them you could do something like that. Otherwise, ordering within a group, I don't think so (or that I know of).
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Moderating Forums Question

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 am

Only reason I ask TBH is that I know other forums allowed one to adjust the order of their topic threads and keep them affixed in that order. Proboards being one example. I was just curious overall.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:55 am

Alas, I don't really know. @shurijo?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:00 am

Closest thing I've seen so far is that I can alphabetize them on my comp via Sort By Subject Ascending. No biggie overall.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:55 pm

I also don't know how that would be possible. Let's see if @Shurijo has a comment.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Sticky, Global, Announcements, and normal threads are the only types of thread groupings. As far as I know, there's no way to manually sort threads in a forum.

HOWEVER, each user can click on the Sort button at the bottom of the forum, and select "SORT BY SUBJECT" and it will sort by topic/subject name. This is just for the user display and V sorts his thread that way, then only V will see it that way (Tet and I would see it however we have our sort/display set).