Admin Query

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Admin Query

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:59 pm

@Shurijo @TetNak @Trogdor @Vardaen

Two quick questions for whomever of you assists me first:

First Question
Is there anyway of you setting up a Workshop for some of us to share our thoughts and ideas on my Post-Apocalypse campaign setting? If so, you can call it Fallen Times Workshop and use the following blurb:

Fallen Times is going to be a post-apocalyptic role-playing game set in the wild inhospitable world of mankind’s ruin, decades after a series of devastating wars that brought the human race to the brink of extinction. The descendants of the apocalypse’s survivors scavenge the remnants of the time before the Fall, struggling to build a new life amidst the ruins of the old. For now, we're using this thread to discuss just how that game is going to work and be set up.

Second Question
What happens to the Workshops when they are completed? I ask because if you can actually relocate the Workshop to make it into an actual game thread, I might strive to organize the Workshop into a more viable format to reflect such; i.e. something that could be moved/transformed into an actual game thread. If they simply get 'Graveyarded' then no worries, it'll just be a bunch of random topic threads on the assorted elements found within the system and setting.

Regardless
Much thanks for helping a crippled brother out!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Admin Query

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:06 pm

We can of course move the Workshop into the OOC or make it the OOC for the game. I'll work on this in a bit.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Admin Query

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Thanks!

And no worries if it gets perma-deleted or graveyarded TBH. My main curiosity was whether or not I should try to make the Workshop itself something more akin to an 'actual game' thread setup or not. That way once finished it could 'just be moved' to its appropriate location.

Upon further reflection, that sort of defeats the purpose of a Workshop IMO. As such, it'll just be shop-talk and working on finishing up the last of character creation mechanics, etc.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Hey link a small icon for the Forum icon you'd like to use and I'll have Shurijo add it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Image dimensions are 35x35 and prefer transparent backgrounds (so it looks good on light/dark themes). I can do any image resizing and removing backgrounds.

Agree with what V said above about workshop forum.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Another question. I'm curious whether or not anyone knows why it is that all of my text might be showing up as italics ONLY on my laptop. It really makes it hard to see what all I have actually made italics.

The phone and desktop never do this, only my laptop. It's essentially like:

Main Board Index: text is normal non-italics in the collection of game boxes and other boxed text but once you click on into the game thread, everything save any boxed text or member names is all in italics. Whereas on the phone or desktop, the only thing that you ever see in italics is those items actually marked to be italics.

I wonder why that is...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:36 pm

That makes no sense to me unless it is a setting on your laptop...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:43 pm

I'll check the laptop's internet settings when I get back home. It might be a simple fix. *shrug*

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Never heard of that, it must be something on that machine. If its not doing it on other devices.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Will test it once home, but it looks like the default font used for web-browsing might be missing and it's trying to compensate by using the italics version. Doesn't explain the normal text in boxed groups lest they're a different font, but gives me a base to work with.

Apparently uninstalling games or programs can sometimes results in the loss of fonts, so be careful!