Update on FFG RPGs: SW, L5R, etc.

This forum is for general, random chatter. Feel free to discuss pretty much anything here. Any game being run is also on topic.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Somebody wrote:A couple of weeks ago rumors surfaced that Fantasy Flight Games RPGs were going away permanently (this followed earlier reports of layoffs at the company). It looks like this is quite not the case, however -- instead, according to a presentation they did at the GAMA trade show this week, they'll simply be moving to owner Asmodee's imprint Edge Entertainment. So, Star Wars, Genesys, and L5R are safe!

Asmodee, the owner of FFG, already owns the company called Edge Entertainment based in Europe. This company will continue to print the existing RPG books, and produce new ones. Asmodee acquired the Spanish company in January 2017, which is known for its translations of tabletop RPGs.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:20 pm

Sweet!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:20 pm

That's good news.

Apparently, The One Ring is safe too. Apparently, the company that owns the license to The Lord of the Rings also held the license for The One Ring and Cubicle 7 just did the work for them. So when Cubicle 7 lost the rights to The Lord of the Rings, control of The One Ring (and Middle Earth Adventures, the D&D5E rule set) reverted to them as well and they've licensed it out to a new company, Free League. I'm unfamiliar with them, but people are familiar with them seem happy.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:42 pm

Free League is excellent. Mutant Year Zero, Coriolis, etc.

Very good landing spot.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Ah, I was in a short-lived Coriolis game on another site. I loved the setting. I thought the system was kind of meh, but the game didn't last long enough for me to really get a sense of it, so that may not be a fair judgment.