Prelude: Hiruma Shonogen

The Emerald Empire of Rokugan. It is a land upheld by honor, guided by fate, ruled by destiny. The Great Clans each support the Emperor, but inter-clan conflict is inevitable—both in the Emperor’s courts and on the battlefield. In the midst of danger and turmoil, honor must be your sword and your armor.

It is an era of sudden change and upheaval in the Emerald Empire. Mortal schemes, elemental imbalances, and celestial turmoil have disrupted the political, military, and spiritual equilibrium of Rokugan. Long-simmering rivalries and fresh betrayals ripple through the courts and on the battlefield. The Chrysanthemum Throne is beset by threats from without and within, and the honor of the seven Great Clans shall be put to the test.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Prelude: Shonogen & Ryoko

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:20 pm

Ryoko tries to keep the sour expression off her face, not entirely successfully. However, she does manage to find a diplomatic reply. "My Master will expect me to report to him myself." After a moment's consideration, she wonders if attending a dinner party might be useful to Korino. She doesn't know what lines of investigation he's pursuing, but a chance to talk to some of the local samurai at their estate might be useful to him. "I would also be embarrassed to attend an event my Master himself was not invited to." She waited to see if Kyousuke would take the hint.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:15 pm

The Crane Courtier easily sees the conversational path, but is exasperated at the bluntness of it. He expects better of a fellow Crane. "Please extend my invitation to the honorable Doji Kirino-sama as well. A Clan Magistrate is always welcome in our Estates."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:45 pm

That was blunt? That was supposed to be subtle--but I'm no good at subtlety in real life either.
Ryoko bows to Kyousuke and says, "I am sure my master will deeply appreciate the generosity of your family." She feels like she should go check in on Korino, but feels it would be rather rude to leave as soon as she has received such an invitation, so she waits around a bit.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:06 pm

"The Crane always welcomes its own." Doji Kyousuke sharply opens his fan and begins to use to to combat the remaining heat of the day.
I think you were absolutely fine. That's about my level of subtlety IRL as well. But this is supposed to be a Crane Courtier, and he lives up the stereotype. Mainly showing the internal judgmental nature of the guy. Very elitist. NOT a commentary on the Player.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:56 pm

Behind the two conversing Crane, Shonogen speaks up.

"Well, if my grandfather has a dinner invitation he wishes to share with me, I suppose I should make my whereabouts known to him so he can give me the good news."

He nods a quick bow to first Ringo, then Kyousuke, then Ryoko. He also gives a wave to the child as he prepares to leave the garden.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Ryoko says, "Well, if we are splitting up now, I shall go attend to my master, Doji Korino-sama. I shall look forward to seeing all of you again this evening." After making sure she has the proper directions and time from Kyousuke, she formally bows and takes her leave.

She strolls through the gardens, enjoying seeing the sites without having to talk to other people. She found she could appreciate the garden much more if she walked through it in a solitary fashion. Once she leaves the garden, she sets a quicker pace, heading to the local magistrate's mansion. Still, she doesn't rush, but moves warily--she had been trained to always be aware of her surroundings, as much in town as in the wilderness. One never knew when one might face an ambush.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 pm

It would seem the time has come for the small company to split up. Ringo comes up withe some excuse to leave as well, "Its getting on Ichiro, your mother will have chores for you to do. Come." The boy frowns, he was having a good time in the presence of some many important samurai.

So one by one you leave the garden and look for your various family members, or masters, or other matters. It becomes clear that the dinner party will not be tonight after speaking with those 'patrons', but it shall take place tomorrow evening to give the host plenty of time to prepare.
For the moment we are going to fade to black with the group posting. I may open up some personal threads again for you, or a few PMs before we start up again before tomorrow's dinner party.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring