Prelude: Hiruma Shonogen

The Emerald Empire of Rokugan. It is a land upheld by honor, guided by fate, ruled by destiny. The Great Clans each support the Emperor, but inter-clan conflict is inevitable—both in the Emperor’s courts and on the battlefield. In the midst of danger and turmoil, honor must be your sword and your armor.

It is an era of sudden change and upheaval in the Emerald Empire. Mortal schemes, elemental imbalances, and celestial turmoil have disrupted the political, military, and spiritual equilibrium of Rokugan. Long-simmering rivalries and fresh betrayals ripple through the courts and on the battlefield. The Chrysanthemum Throne is beset by threats from without and within, and the honor of the seven Great Clans shall be put to the test.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Prelude: Shonogen & Ryoko

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Ringo laughs, "Apples can be tricky, you should try it with watermelon, that takes a true master!" He laughs at his own joke, its infectious, and his little son laughs to.

Ringo motions at the trees, "They are free to take what they would like. That is the beauty of the garden and the orchard, they are open to all to wander and enjoy without need of a guide."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:02 pm

The son stops and bows respectfully to his mother. As he is within eyesight of the public, the formalities must be observed. He takes a moment afterwards to brush any dirt from off the hem of his kimono, and make sure the lines of his clothing are straight. First impressions are important, and can only be made once. He then calmly approaches the strangers at the border of the public gardens. "Greetings Crab-san, Crane-sans." He also kindly nods to the small child, but does not address him. "I am Doji Kyousuke, diplomat of the Crane. Whom do I have the honor of addressing?"
Another thread joins from here: viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=9326&p=365079#p365079

Welcome ManWithDoor to the gathering
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:35 pm

Ryoko bows and says, "Kakita Ryoko, yoriki to the clan magistrate, Doji Kirino. It is an honor to meet you."

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:45 am

Shonogen nods to the newcomer and introduces himself as well:

"I am Hiruma Shonogen, Yojimbo to nobody in particular. I am also an ambassador of my people: but only if you wish to impugn my entire family or clan for my behavior."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:18 am

The Doji bows again to each of them. He likely outranks both of them, but he sets the angle of his bow to that of an equal. In informal settings such as this, quibbling about such things is pointless.
Kyousuke is in his early 20s, of average height and lithe build. His hair is dyed a pristine white, the bleach obviously applied carefully and frequently. He arranges his hair simply, just a long braid down his back. He always dresses in the most current fashion, at least in the courts of the Crane. He also holds a silk and wooden fan, which when opened portrays a crane in flight.

"A young Crab yojimbo? Do you happen to know a certain Yasuki Yoshito? I met him recently, and he was grabbing about his grandson having just finished his training among the Shiba of the Phoenix."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:16 am

Shonogen smiles and nods at the new-comer

"Yes. You have met my grandfather."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Ringo smiles at the new arrival, "Konichi-wa Kyousuke, there here is Ichiro my son. I am Kakita Ringo, and if you like, have a pear, we are enjoying the harvest of the season." He looks at his boy, a bright faced little boy about eight years old at most. The boy picks a pear, after some debate, and a side long look at the Crab, then he hands a nice one to the new arrival. "Enjoy!"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:30 pm

The courtier graciously accepts the pear. "A fine boy, Ringo-san. The Fortunes must have smiled upon your family." He probes it with his fingers to check it is sufficiently ripe, and then he takes a bite of it. "And as fate would have it your grandfather, Shonogen-san, is an old friend of my mothers. We invited him, and by extension yourself, to our Estate for dinner." He looks around at the others. "Perhaps it will be a larger group than originally intended."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:45 pm

Ryoko bows and says, "Before I make any plans for the evening, I must attend to my master. I do not know what services he might require of me." In any case, she has no real desire to go to a dinner party, with all the formality and preening that involved.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:04 pm

The Doji raises a palm. "Of course, Duty must come first. Send a servant to the Estate if you wish, to inform if you will be making the dinner."
Clearly assuming you have Servants. ;) Damn 1%-ers!