Prelude: Iuchi Jun

The Emerald Empire of Rokugan. It is a land upheld by honor, guided by fate, ruled by destiny. The Great Clans each support the Emperor, but inter-clan conflict is inevitable—both in the Emperor’s courts and on the battlefield. In the midst of danger and turmoil, honor must be your sword and your armor.

It is an era of sudden change and upheaval in the Emerald Empire. Mortal schemes, elemental imbalances, and celestial turmoil have disrupted the political, military, and spiritual equilibrium of Rokugan. Long-simmering rivalries and fresh betrayals ripple through the courts and on the battlefield. The Chrysanthemum Throne is beset by threats from without and within, and the honor of the seven Great Clans shall be put to the test.
Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:57 pm

"I am Unicorn, the Clan of the Five Winds, cousin," Jun reaches out to grasp her palm, "You are forgiven, I would have sent ahead, but Tentsüü is a match for almost any messenger."
He reaches into his pouch, "My family send their congratulations along, as I bring my own," he draws out a letter written by Kishiko's uncle and hands it to her. Clearly relaxed now, Jun's face is an open book, little different from his time with the girl who would become the samurai-ko in front of him.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:24 pm

"I should have known better, my apologizes for underestimating your speed, or the speed of Tentsüü." She bows again, she's struggling a bit between formality and familiarity. Her recent training and work has taking that fun loving girl and has narrowed her and retrained her -- some.

She takes the letter and tucks it into her desk. "I will read this later, and I thank your family for their kind words." She looks down at her papers then at her cousin, "I need a break! Shall we walk down to the beach? Have you ever seen the ocean cousin? It is a thing to behold and I do love it."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:01 pm

"This is as close as I've been to the ocean, I had hoped that we could visit it as your new duties permitted," as he moves the mask of court reappears, the son of a Crane learns these things. "I need only to speak with a Mosuke, in order to see to Tentsüü's care," he smiles again, "Then, free of our duties for a moment, we might find the sea."
V, I'm ok skimming over getting the horse dealt with if you want
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Kishiko nods, "Good, let's make sure Tentsüü's is cared fore then we shall go down to the beach." Cousins leave the small building and tend to a few matters, one is Tentsüü's care, the other is Kishiko informs her master of her current plan.

During this matter the pair encounter a few others, a Crane Magistrate and his Yoriki as they themselves are meeting up and heading out. Along the way the cousins pass by an older Crane woman and her son as they make plans for the evening. Wandering through the edge of town for the horses care they spot a ronin newly from the markets heading for the Inn. As the cousins turn on the path for the beach they pass an elderly Crab and his grandson talking. Each encounter is nothing more than a polite nod or the spotting the others near at hand.

Eventually the Unicorn and the Crane reach the beach, as the sunset is hitting the ocean waves. Kishiko breaks into a spontaneous haiku as you come into view of the water.

Waves crashing on shore
the sand in between my toes
a day at the beach

The great sea reaches out north and south, it dominates the landscape, the horizon, there is nothing but waves and waves and waves. Each topped by a crown of white foam tickled with red and amber light as the sun sinks in the west casting its light in fading waves over it before it will sink into the west behind the couple.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 pm

"I can see why you fell in love with it cousin, there is a power and beauty in the waves." A few breaths and he nods, "It reminds me of the descriptions of the steppe, extending as far as the eye can see, rolling in the wind, reminding us that our place in the Celestial Order is so small," he smiles slightly, "and your poetry has improved greatly."

As Lady Sun dips low, Jun whispers a prayer for her favour. "It has been too long, Cousin, since we were able to spend time together. I'm glad I have been able to visit before getting my own assignments."
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:02 pm

She blushes, "My poetry could not have gotten worse. Certainly its better than the Unicorn Travel Poetry of your youth." She bends down and collects a small shell from the sand, "Even the sea creatures out grow their childhood and leave their history behind."

A seagull swoops overhead down the length of the beach. "I was surprised to get your letter about visiting. I had not expected you would be doing so so quickly. It seemed before that you were rather busy." That statement seems a bit out of place, your letters had not mentioned being busy that you can remember.

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Jun looks over, "I have given up on reciting my poetry to even the horses, you will be glad to know," He considers her other remarks, "I am sorry if my arrival was unexpected, I had the opportunity to come before I was assigned to some shrine or unit in an army, and I had thought that it would be best to take advantage of it while I could." He examines a seashell of his own, "I am sorry if it has put you in an unexpected position."
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:10 pm

"Tentsüü's must be ever so grateful for that!" She laughs, like tinkling water over so many pebbles.

"Nonsense, I am very happy that you have arrived. We have much to catch up on, and like you say now is better before either of us become to busy with our new assignments." She shrugs about other statements. "I can not however linger long today here. My new master seems a bit too demanding at times, but we are Crane so perfection is the only option." She takes a last look at the sea, "Come, let's return to the estate. Perhaps we can see one another tomorrow, do you have a place to stay? The Cresting Wave Inn is a nice place."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Jun nods, "I look forward to catching up further, cousin, and you remind me that I should visit the Cresting Wave, it seems the town is quiet busy." He ignores the mild criticism of her master, beginning to return to the town. "Crane perfection is much admired, but there is always work to be done to create it, and excellence hides that well."
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:04 pm

"Very true, we have Imperial visitors, did you know that?" She is strolling home, slowly, so as to spend as much time as she can with her cousin. "Taxes or something, has the Magistrate and my master all tied up in knots. Not to mention there are dozes of others passing through. You know this is the last month to see the storks in the garden before they all migrate to the Isle of Spice and Silk. I would surmise however that you are the only Unicorn here, such a long way to travel just to see your cousin." She smiles, "But I am pleased you made the trip none the less."

You wander back through town where she stops and points out the Cresting Wave Inn. "The owner is a bit prickly, but the rooms are clean and the food is good. These are Crane lands after all. It may not meet your spicy Unicorn tastes, but I'm sure you'll make due. Come find me tomorrow, I'll carve out time to see you."