Scroll One: Kyōen no Torekkā

The Emerald Empire of Rokugan. It is a land upheld by honor, guided by fate, ruled by destiny. The Great Clans each support the Emperor, but inter-clan conflict is inevitable—both in the Emperor’s courts and on the battlefield. In the midst of danger and turmoil, honor must be your sword and your armor.

It is an era of sudden change and upheaval in the Emerald Empire. Mortal schemes, elemental imbalances, and celestial turmoil have disrupted the political, military, and spiritual equilibrium of Rokugan. Long-simmering rivalries and fresh betrayals ripple through the courts and on the battlefield. The Chrysanthemum Throne is beset by threats from without and within, and the honor of the seven Great Clans shall be put to the test.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Scroll One: Kyōen no Torekkā

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:33 pm

Ryoko replies to Gensai. "Perhaps I will stop by if time permits, though that will depend on what duties Kirino-sama gives me."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:43 am

Gensai gives an affirmative hum in return. “Duty must come first, I understand. In the event that you do find time to visit the shrine however, allow me to offer you a word of advice.” Perhaps to indicate the sincerity underscoring his advisement, the giant vagabond’s affable demeanor becomes solemn. “Bring an offering or a donation with you. I sense that Asahina-sama is very stringent about the observance of such customs.”
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:20 pm

"I will remember that," says Ryoko as she walks along. "She seems to have taken a benevolent interest in you, Ronin-san."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:28 pm

"Of course, cousin," Jun turns to Kyousuke, "a relaxing drink seems a good use of the evening, don't you agree?" As he moves he begins walking again.
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:03 am

The Doji brightens up at the mention of lubricated socialization. "Indeed, it was a more interesting evening than I had hoped, to be truthful. Unfortunately some gatherings can be dreadfully dull, although that can be a tactic to gain advantage. The Ronin especially shows great promise." His expression is wistful at the recent memory. "The fluidity of his movements was beautiful to behold. Perhaps he was reborn from a past as a poet or an artisan."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Jun agrees, "My own knowledge of the blade is admittedly limited, but he did perform admirably. I wonder where he learned such grace?"
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Sasori » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:27 am

Kanko-Cho tries to get out of the hosts estate as quiete and unnoticed as possible, after saying her good byes. She hurries to the shrine moving as silent and fast as possible. Part of her is relieved that the party is over and she managed to not offend anyone important with her cursed eyes. Or at least that is what she assumed, since the Otomo talked with her quite a lot.
Another part of her finds her mind wandering to the ronin, for some reason the young shugenja does not yet understand, he makes her smile and blush. Even now. Kanko-Cho decides to meditate after the prayers and before going to bed.
Lost in her thoughts she wanders, passing by the Cresting Wave Inn.
“The wind moves with such subtlety, you do not even notice your own breathing. Be aware. Only a fool knows the wind is empty.” Tao of Shinsei

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:57 pm

"Ah, truly a mystery that must needs continue." He snaps open his fan and moves it through the basics of courtly use and communication. "It would be the height of rudeness to attempt to unveil the origin of a samurai on their Musha Shugyo. The warrior's pilgrimage is an honored tradition from ages past. We shall have to live with our curiosity."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Graven » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Jun nods, "A mystery he will keep, yes. Perhaps our curiosity can be satisfied with other matters over those drinks?" The Unicorn looks to his cousin before starting off to the Cresting Wave again.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:12 am

”Or perhaps it is merely obligation to the spirits of the shrine she presides over that moves her to show kindness towards a rōnin like myself.” suggests Gensai with a passive shrug. Favoring a grim smirk he adds self-deprecatingly, “But then what does a drifter like me know about such things, ne*?”

*- Instead of writing a wall of text describing the numerous ways that ne can be used, I'm just going to explain the way in which I'm using it in my post, which is as a Particle found at the end of a sentence that indicates emphasis, agreement, or a request for confirmation. Generally speaking it's roughly equivalent to saying in English either "isn't it?" or "right?" (In this case Gensai is saying the latter), among others.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu