Scroll One: Kyōen no Torekkā

The Emerald Empire of Rokugan. It is a land upheld by honor, guided by fate, ruled by destiny. The Great Clans each support the Emperor, but inter-clan conflict is inevitable—both in the Emperor’s courts and on the battlefield. In the midst of danger and turmoil, honor must be your sword and your armor.

It is an era of sudden change and upheaval in the Emerald Empire. Mortal schemes, elemental imbalances, and celestial turmoil have disrupted the political, military, and spiritual equilibrium of Rokugan. Long-simmering rivalries and fresh betrayals ripple through the courts and on the battlefield. The Chrysanthemum Throne is beset by threats from without and within, and the honor of the seven Great Clans shall be put to the test.
Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

Re: The Great Wave: Impact

Post by Sasori » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:06 pm

The young Asahina listens to the Ronins proposition.
"I will help in any way I can", promises the Shugenja after Gensai finishes.
"Afterall it is our duty as Samurai to protect the people of Rokugan."
Yes, I do have a void-point I can and will spend for this.
“The wind moves with such subtlety, you do not even notice your own breathing. Be aware. Only a fool knows the wind is empty.” Tao of Shinsei

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Great Wave: Receding Water

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Gensai and Kanko-Cho set to work, and the young Takeshi lends his aid as well. The trio manage to cobble together a floating half boat with a pole and rope to reach out to those that pass by at a greater distance than if they were just using their arms. Its effective, they manage to float off and rescue two heimin who were soon to be swept away from holding on to other trees that were breaking or roofs about to give way!

The night is long and full of dangers, but you can not hope to do more than wait. So wait you do, and night moves toward dawn, and after many hours the water level starts to recede. As it does it pulls back toward the ocean, there is a great rip tide, and current that flips directions. People that were barely holding on spun around and spit the other way!

Coprses of people and cattle and other animals float past as they are pulled east into the sea. It is a difficult scene for some to witness. You see children and women, innocent heimin and samurai warriors pass you. Even as the dawn arrives you are not safe, it will take many more hours for the waters to go down further. In the light of day you can however see more and more survivors, a pair or people perched atop a Tori Arch, some one atop a make shift raft, and others.

By noon, the water has lowered enough to the point where you may brave crawling down and attempting to wade through the 6 foot deep muck and water. It is lowering still hour by house.
Crafting rolls, with Void Points
-----------------------------
Rolled: 3K3
9, 6, 2
Totaling: 17
Adding 0 = 17
-----------------------------
Rolled: 4K4
16, 9, 7, 1
Totaling: 33
Adding 0 = 33

Seems good to me
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Ryoko stands up and looks down. She makes a face at the thought of wading through all that muck, but she quickly smooths her features out--as well as reminding herself that she was trained as a scout and part of being a scout was wading around in muck when necessary.

She turns to Jun and Kyousuke and asks, "What do you think? Shall we climb down and begin wading through the muck? Or wait a bit longer? Doji-san, as Crane samurai, we have a particular duty to try to assess what's left and bring some order to this place. Iuchi-san, I would be glad for any help you are willing to lend us in this task." As she looks around, she says thinking out loud, "I think the first matter at hand would be finding supplies of clean food and drink. As a scout, I learned the importance of eating when you can--if you don't keep your strength up, you can't do your duty effectively. And others will certainly need good food and drink as well. Though we should certainly aid any survivors we come across. "

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:39 am

The night passes slowly for Shonogen and the dawn brings no releaf as he has to stay awake to maintain his perch in the tree. When the waters finally start to recead, he marks some arbitrary point on a nearby building and tells himself he can safely climb down when the water reaches that level. Sometime in the early afternoon he finally climbs down.

Since he is right across the way from the inn, Shonogen decides to search the private room he and his grandfather rented at the inn and take stock of what they still owned and what could be salvaged. Aside from his daisho, a soiled kimono, and perhaps some stray coins in a pouch on his obi, Shonogen had nothing. With no money, food, or clothing, and without his indulgent grandfather paying for comforts along the way, Shonogen had a long road ahead to get home.

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:12 am

Jun nods, "I will provide aid as I can," he seems anxious and worried, "somewhere to dry out, to treat the injured and for people to rest should be found, are there nearby hills or other high ground?" He looks down at the sodden robes he wears, "I may need some help getting to the ground though."
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Sasori » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:11 am

The young Asahina does her best to stay awake and help as much as she can. Falling asleep now, seems to dangerous, although staying awake has its own downsides. She takes a look at the rescued heimin to check for wounds which need immediate attention and takes care of those if necessary.
When she is not helping with the makeshift-raft to save others, she prays to the fortunes in hope of calming them down and for the souls of the dead, since some bodys will most likely be lost forever and can't be burried in a proper manner.
At some point the Shugenja starts to shiver slighty, after all, wet silk and the cool of the night do drain the warmth of her body.

As soon as it seems safe to climb down, Kanko-Cho suggests to do so. She promised the water kami to take care of the funerary rites for the deceased and there will be a lot to do while preparing these, so the Asahina does not want to waste time.
"After we climb down, we should try to find other survivors, tend to their wounds and try to find a safe place for those who need rest. And I hope that some of the villages eta survived, there is a lot of work to do for them."
“The wind moves with such subtlety, you do not even notice your own breathing. Be aware. Only a fool knows the wind is empty.” Tao of Shinsei

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:47 pm

Kyousuke shakes his head sadly at his fellow Crane. "Ryoko-san, if I go down now I will be swept out to sea and die with the others, having accomplished nothing. The water must recede further, although every minute staying here doing nothing pains me." Six-feet of water it taller than he is. He would still be swimming, not walking. Anything over waist-high would be a death warrant for him. He is no warrior or scout, but a creature of the Courts. He keeps himself trim and physically fit, but he does not have the muscle mass or martial skill to navigate such hazards.
I'm going to have to wait for it to recede further, or I'd just be pulled out to sea too. :( But will definitely head out once it seems reasonable for my courtier ass to be able to walk against the current to get places.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Ryoko sighs and says, "I suppose you are right Doji-san. Better to wait a little longer." She shakes her head in frustration. "As a scout, I was trained to lay in wait for long times, but in a disaster such as this, it is frustrating to simply have to wait until it is safe to help others."

She looks around and, thinking out loud, adds, "Maybe we can find something to create a makeshift boat from, to move around and get started, at least till the water goes down further."
Investigation: 4k2

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

Post by Graven » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Jun looks around, "Rope or even long cloth would be good, as well. It would mean we could rely on the strength of the others if we lose our footing."
Also 4k3 on Investigate
If we have to do an Engineering roll or the like, I have Fire Kami's Blessing that would add 2k0 to someone's roll
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:31 am

Having long grown accustomed to keeping an eye peeled over the course of his pilgrimage where bandits and other perils are an ever present risk in the more untamed and lightly patrolled parts of Rokugan, Gensai has little trouble staying awake where his fellow survivors may have difficulty doing so.

While the number of rescued people is not as high as he may have hoped, the shugyōsha is grateful all the same that at least two people have been spared the dreadful fate indiscriminately shared by all walks of life this night, offering his sincerest gratitude to the the Fortunes and the Shichinin no Rōnin for this merciful boon.

As the abyssal tides begin to ebb, Gensai grimly observes the drowned and broken bodies scattered throughout the submerged thoroughfares of Kōnotori Mura recede in tandem with the capricious currents like some macabre procession.

It is the voice of the Asahina priestess perched alongside him that pulls the rōnin’s weary gaze away from this morbid spectacle in order to hear her proposed course of action once it is safe enough to descend from their arboreal haven. Gensai merely nods and voices his assent to Kanko-Cho’s idea, adding little else other than humbly requesting for the mending of his abraded hands in the meantime, should her offer of medical attention from earlier still stand.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu