Friendly Traveler Village

The OOC Forum for the The Chrysanthemum Throne L5R game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 14, 2019 5:38 pm

Rokugan's Southeast Corner
Welcome to the new L5R Game. This is the general chatter thread anyone can use. I will be setting up other theme threads we won't post chatter in so they are easy to read and reference. Right now the plan is to use 4E System, but 5E Timeline and Setting. I suggest everyone read the new stories and give me a role call on who want to join in. No previous L5R experience necessary.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 14, 2019 6:11 pm

I'm still super interested!

@GuyWithSword - interested in an L5R game? :D
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 14, 2019 6:40 pm

So while I may put this else where later, I am working on a n over all arc that we can play among, plus some starting points. Another thread will be for character generation, but we can chat about some concepts etc here.

I think I'm going to set the start of our game in a small crane holding along the coast before the Typhoon hits. The goal of all character generation history would put you there for some reason. We will start over at the beginning with char gen for this... don't worry those that played in the Second City will get their XP boosts, but I think starting small in the new setting is wise at first. Ideas on why you would be there are as simple as 'I'm a Crane', or perhaps you are a Yojimbo for someone and they have business there or passing through. Passing through is a decent enough reason as well, on your way to something else. you can know each other or not, that fine, its always better if you have some connection but my thought on this is its a prelude set up scene before take a jump in time forward a bunch.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Wed May 15, 2019 12:30 am

I'm definitely up for another game. If absolutely nobody else wants to play a courtier, I'll make my Kisuki investigator again. If someone else wants to be a courtier, I have a Shiba-trained yojimbo character concept I'd like to try.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Wed May 15, 2019 12:41 am

I'll see how much time I have. When are you looking to start? I've never used 4e rules before, but I should have the core rulebook somewhere...

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Wed May 15, 2019 1:15 am

Count me in as well of course. It'd be immensely negligent and hypocritical of me to turn down the chance to participate after having publicly expressed such a keen interest in trying my luck at L5R once again.

I haven't fully settled on a particular Clan or Family yet, but I'm fairly confident that I want my character to be a shugyōsha (title used to designate a samurai that is currently on a Musha shugyō AKA Warrior's Pilgrimage/Quest).
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 15, 2019 1:54 am

Basically 3rd ed, just cleaned up and streamlined. Far fewer bonuses to keep track of, which is a relief. The Combat Stances are a bit different, but also pretty simple.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 15, 2019 8:53 pm

We will take some time to get started, and we can help you GuyWithSword.

We should double check the status of Kitsuki in this time setting.

I've love to see you guys from before try something else, just because.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Can you give us some sense of what the campaign will be about? I'm sort of drawing a blank and maybe knowing a bit more about what we're getting ourselves into might help.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm

So basically you are all attacked by Elemental Terrors and have to down all the Elemental Relics, ascend to God Hood and consume the planet... or...

Okay okay, so kidding aside.

This will be a in Rokugan focused story, I'd love to build on your personal desires, that's always good in Rokugan. I'm thinking that we will play a little political, a little investigative, and a little battle, with the Empire in the crazy state its in we have options for tons of chaos and RP options. Perhaps a bit more digging into the Elemental Imbalance going on and how it is the cause of alot of what is happening.

Have you read the new fiction at all?

We will start "3 years ago" in the Crane lands, have 1 set piece, then Fast Forward into the 'modern' timeline probably before the events of The Last Stone Played, but close to that I think.