A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

User avatar
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Posts: 66091
Location: Miskatonic University
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:45 pm

"Hang on!" Carver darts forward, moving almost to flank with the man and Merisel. Great axe in hand he swoops it around in a large arc aimed to decapitate the man and end this quickly. "Give up and you won't have to die like your friend there!"
Move NEx4 (N 1 if I wouldn't take AoO) I honestly don't remember the rules for PF2 at this point.
Attack two handed with great axe
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10105
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Carver darts to the man, and swings his greataxe. The man turns and tries to raise his shield, but it is too late and the sharp weapon neatly takes his head off.
Move, Power Attack. r6+9=15 vs AC 17-2(flanking)=15, hit for 15 damage, dead.
Merisiel and Fumbus...

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9619
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Merisiel points her sword at the remaining thug. "Now would be a good time to surrender and tell us everything you know. Your other option is following your buddies here to the afterlife. I don't know how much they're paying you, but I doubt it's worth near-certain death."
Intimidation: +2

User avatar
ManWithDoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8187
Location: California, USA
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Fumbus hesitates, choosing to wait and see how the man responds to Merisiel's ultimatum. If the man still is hostile, he sets himself to charge forward with his dogslicer to cut him down.
Ready Action. Charge and attack if the man doesn't surrender.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10105
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:01 am

Merisiel intimidate. r8+2=10 success. (low target number due to circumstances)
The last of the ruffians gladly throws down his weapons and looks at you grimly "Seems I got no choice, eh? So, what do you want to know?"
I can add you to the roll20 game if you pm me the email address you use for that.

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9619
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:42 pm

Roll 20 game?
Merisiel grins and says, "Smart man. Tell us what's going on down here--whatever it is you're doing, it's causing people up at the sauna to get dangerously sick."

User avatar
Grimbold
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10105
Location: Austria
Title: Professor
User Class: Rogue Trader

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:54 pm

The man shrugs. "I did not like this anyway. Black Tom" he points to the decapitated man. "He was the leader. I just joined to get enough food for my family. I did not like it. Well, we found this secret trapdoor into the bathhouse, where we would sneak in at night and steal some food and valuables. You gotta eat something, eh? And sometimes we would rob travelers on the roads around here. No killing if we can avoid it. But it's good it's stopped now."
He pauses.
"Sick? I don't know what you're talking about. I have nothing to do with it. But... Bill got a nasty rash when he washed his hands in an underground lake, he said. The water here is old, I tell you, comes from deep in the mountain. Lots of passageways in there."

User avatar
Muskrat
Level 20 Elite
Level 20 Elite
Posts: 9619
Location: The Secret Places Beneath the Earth
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:19 pm

Merisiel is skeptical they're getting everything out of the man, but for now she folds her arms and says, "Well, lead us to your headquarters and then the lake. Or the lake or your headquarters--let's start with whatever's closer."

Post Reply