A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Fumbus has been idly scratching his skin all night, since even before dinner. He looks up suspiciously at Merisiel at the whispered comment. "I thought you two were making fun of me, with the scratching. That's real? I'm not the only one feeling itchy?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:31 pm

Carver sighs, "Its the water, or the food, or a curse..." he looks around the room to see if others are itching or scratching, others not of his little group. He's keen to see who isn't. "I think we should worry about this."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Merisiel nods. "Even if it's a harmless thing that will go away in a few days, it's not exactly why we came here." She too turns to survey the other guests.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:05 pm

You can see that some of the other guests also seem itchy.
After the meal, suddenly you see something outside, in the dark courtyard. Two figures, advancing on the bathhouse. They are almost 12 feet tall.

Giants!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:07 pm

"Well its not just use, me be something in the water, look..." he nods discretely at the others itching.

Later, after the meal the shouts from outside draws his attention, giants nearing. "Now wait a moment, maybe they are just customers?" He says as he leans over the bar and grabs the largest knife there he can.
Do we have access to any of our gear?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:11 pm

Merisiel is about to say something to the other guests about the itching when the giants appear. She reaches into her clothes for the dagger she smuggled in. At the suggestion that the giants might be guests, she says, "I bloody well hope so--but this place seems a bit small for them." She calls to any of the resort staff around, "Were you expecting guests of unusual size?"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:07 am

Fumbus has his alchemical weapons under his jacket, but instead takes the brave approach. Or stupidly foolish, depending on the ultimate results. He just walks up to a window facing the courtyard, and waves all friendly-like at the giants. "Welcome! The more the merrier. You come for the baths as well? Might be some work getting one ready for you gents, but it would be well worth the wait."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:34 pm

Carver takes out a big knife from the meat and gets ready.
"Not guests." Bordo smiles at Merisiel, "entertainment. Relax."
Fumbus looks out of the window to welcome the newcomers.

On better inspection, you can see that these are merely two jesters on stilts starting the show. Lady Tonka, however, does not see this, She too grabs a large knife and charges out into the open, screaming "Die, you blasphemous creatures. I will protect this building with my life!"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Merisiel sighs and says, "I really wanted to like her, but she's clearly a nutjob." She runs after shouting, "Tonka, look! They're just human jesters on stilts! You don't want to hurt them!" She'll try restraining Tonka if she has to. Merisiel doesn't normally get this involved in other people's affairs, but she's feeling guilty after standing aside from the earlier fight.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:02 am

Since Merisiel has got it, Fumbus just uproariously laughs in the window, almost falling over with the ridiculousness of it all. There are certainly giants out there somewhere, and some may even be marching on this town as they speak. But the fact that the paranoid lady is about to assault men on stilts is just too much. It looks like she's more likely to give herself splinters than wound a real giant.