A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

First fight round 2

Post by Muskrat » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 pm

Merisiel stares after the fleeing man and says, "If he's screaming like that, he may have allies. But let's see if we can learn anything useful here."

She starts to move forward, then winces, touching her wound.
Anyone have the Medicine skill?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

First fight round 2

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:26 am

Fumbus passes up a small flask, with a sparkling blue liquid swirling inside. "Drink up!"
Minor Elixir of Life heals 1d6 HP. I've got 2 of them if you need. It also gives you +1 to Saves vs Disease/Poison for 10 minutes.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

First fight round 2

Post by Muskrat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:27 pm

"Ah, thank you," says Merisiel. She drinks the flask, making a face at the taste as she does so, but downing the whole thing.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

First fight round 2

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:53 pm

The liquid does not look good, but it tastes sweet and Merisiel feels much better afterwards.
Heals 5, so Merisiel is fully healthy again.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

First fight round 2

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Merisiel hands the empty flask back to Fumbus, then begins looking around. "Let's see if we can find anything here that gives a hint of what in hell is going on."
Hunh. I don't see a Perception- or Notice-type skill. So whatever skill would be appropriate for searching.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

First fight round 2

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Carver holds a hand over his mouth as he decapitates the man.

He turns away and breaths in a deep breath with his back to the corpse. "I... I didn't mean to take his head off." For a half orc butcher he seems a bit squeamish. "I guess I didn't have a choice." Again he remembers the zombies, but those were dead already, and this was a sentient man (-pig). It bothers him he just took the man's life.

"Let's hope they aren't more, I don't relish doing that work."

He leave the bodies for Meriseil to loot.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor

First fight round 2

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:37 am

The bodies have a few coins on them, some more torches, a few simple weapons (dagger, mace, shortsword, light hammer) and a few morcels of food (an apple, a piece of bread with ham, a bottle of cheap wine). The men have leather armor. You hear some shouts from the north.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

First fight round 2

Post by Muskrat » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Merisiel grunts. "No clues here." She hears the shouts of the incoming guards. "Maybe we'll have an easier time persuading this lot to surrender after we point out their friends' bodies to them." She's not squeamish about killing people, but she would really rather not have to.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

First fight round 2

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:48 pm

Fumbus isn't feeling squeamish like the others. He feels kinda sorry for the men who tried to stop them. Hopefully they were in on some super evil conspiracy or something so he can fully put them out of his mind. If they were simple fools or paid hirelings, that's sadder. But nothing he can do about it now.

And his skin is still itching like crazy. Whoever is behind it deserves what is coming to them.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

First fight round 2

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:26 pm

"Let's keep going."

Carver is scratching at his forearm, grumbling.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring