A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

First fight round 2

Post by Muskrat » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:06 pm

"I think we have to deal with the new lot of guards before we can do that," says Merisiel. "Unless you've got some means of turning us all intangible so we can all walk through them."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

First fight round 2

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:39 pm

The three carefully make their way through the door and the cave goes on for a bit, then widens to a larger, empty chamber. Some traces of use, like the dust on the ground trampled away to make paths and some litter show that someone at least comes through here regularly. There is a passage to the north, and a wider one towards the east. You can hear shouting and footsteps from the east.
amanad3.jpg
amanad3.jpg (131.55 KiB) Viewed 804 times

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

First fight round 2

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Merisiel sighs and says, "I'm guessing that we'll need to go east--towards the shouting--to find anything useful." She looks around, then turns to the other two. "What if we set up an ambush? One of us can hide in the northern passage, the other two of us in the southern passage, and when the next wave of people comes, we can catch them by surprise."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

First fight round 2

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Fumbus is raring for a fight, but he looks skeptically at Merisiel. "Splitting up this fast? If I get jumped by two men, they can just pick me up by the arms and there's really not all that much I could do about it. I'm not going to split off."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:35 pm

"She has a good idea, if we can lure them into the cave, then we can flank them and cut them down like cattle." Yes like cattle, that's the best way to think about it. "Like we did on Cooper Lane with that pack of zombies."

"You two split up, let me tip toe down the passage a bit."

He slips down the tunnel toward the noise, ready to run back into the ambush.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 am

Fumbus doesn't look happy about things, but doesn't put up more of a fight. "Fine, fine! But don't go disappearing on us." He tries to step quietly, heading to the northern passage hoping it allows some sort of flank.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Muskrat » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Merisiel frowns as Carver goes off on his own, but it's likely too late to stop him without drawing attention to themselves that will ruin their chances of an ambush. She sighs and shrugs, then positions herself in the southern passage, knives out and ready to throw.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Grimbold » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:27 am

Merisiel ducks into the northern passage while Fumbus backs away a bit. Carver tiptoes into the eastern passage and soon he hears footsteps and with his low light vision, he can see people turning round the corner. He ducks back.
aman4.jpg
aman4.jpg (155.22 KiB) Viewed 787 times

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:03 pm

For the moment Carver watches and listens, gauging the number and compliment of the enemies. If its just a few he will draw their focus, then back way up to the west wall. If its a lot of them, he is silent and hopes they pass southeast down the tunnel.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Like on Cooper Lane

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 01, 2020 3:23 pm

Carver does a fake voice as he retreats back into the main cave to spring the trap , "Hey, a little help up here? I need someone to help me move something heavy."

As he moves back into the chamber he holds up 4 fingers to show the others, weapon out and ready.