A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:44 pm

Merisiel glances at Carver and Fumbus, then back at the woman, wondering if she is a crank or if she actually knows something. "So, where do we fall in that? Are we innocent or are we sinners? And what if we wanted sign onto your crusade?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

A well-deserved rest

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Fumbus just looks strangely at this lady, not sure what she's about. Merisiel seems to have the gift for gab here, so he lets the conversation flow without saying anything for the moment.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

A well-deserved rest

Post by Grimbold » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:20 pm

"I am Tonka, knight of the golden lion, protector of the weak and innocent. I had a dream that this town will be attacked by giants. I came here to save it, just like you did with the other town. If you want to help, be ready when they come."

As you eat a delicious meal, you also observe the other guests. There is a family, two parents with their teenage dasughters and a smaller boy, who gazes at Carver unashamedly. There is an old man with his own servant who does not talk much. There are two fat old men who are complaining about everything. There are two young ladies, pretty twins. One rolls her eyes as the other one edges closer to Carver. There's a dwarf who eats and drinks a lot. And there is an athletic young man who is leaning over close to talk to an elf woman who is obviously uncoomfortable with the attention. The lady knight also has her own servant with her, who is at another table, eating.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

A well-deserved rest

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:56 pm

"My old commander used to say, 'He who think he is without flaw is a moron.' and I believe that saying to be true." Carver winks at the young boy with a toothy smile, but his eyes twinkle at the pretty girl edging closer to him. Still he stays focused on Tonka for the moment. "Every where you go there is sin, what makes this place any more special any place else. Look, I'm not one for prophetic dreams spouted off by some holy knight who hacks her way through those she deems sinful. So if you don't mind, I'd like to just eat my dinner and relax one night without having to fight for my life. I'm a gods damned butcher after all not some paladin!" He scoops up the last of his food and gobbles it down.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 pm

Merisiel shrugs and says to Tonka. "Sure, if giants attack, I'll fight back." She rather expects she'd get a reward for it, but suspects Tonka wouldn't approve. She holds out her hand to shake. "I'm Merisiel."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

A well-deserved rest

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Fumbus just blinks at the prophetic dream. "I don't know many oracles, very interesting. Goblins take such things seriously, many shamans have true visions." He tilts his head. "Never fought giants before. Are they hurt by fire and acid? If so, they are in trouble if they attack me."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

A well-deserved rest

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Carver laughs at Fumbus, "I think every one is hurt by fire and acid Fumbus, except may fire and acid elementals." He laughs at the little Fumbus. "Enough talk of giants and prophecies, we came here to relax and heal up." He rubs his foot, its feeling much better since arriving. Still he double checks that his has a blade handy just in case.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:13 pm

Merisiel nods at Carver's words. "True enough. If an attack comes, we'll deal with it then." Still, she is glad she smuggled a dagger in, though she suspects she'll be wishing for more weapons if giants do attack.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

A well-deserved rest

Post by Grimbold » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:04 pm

The young woman makes her way to Carver. "You're new here. You look fit. What's your name?"

The lady knight nods at Merisiel. "Nice to meet you, lady. Just be ready to fight, when the giants come. Sadly they took away my sword when I came here, but we will find a way to vanquish them. And I think they might be hurt by fire or acid." Then she turns to eat.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:56 pm

As Tonka walks away, Merisiel asks, of no one in particular, "Wait, there's acid we could attack someone with here?" She rather suspects not and that maybe Tonka was a little unbalanced--which didn't mean she wasn't right about a future attack by giants. Those who the gods granted visions to were often a little off-kilter--or made so by the gods' attentions.

She shrugs and digs into her food. She looks around at the various others. Her eyes linger briefly on the family group with envy, reminding her of own lack of a proper family, growing up among short-lived humans. She decides to intervene on behalf of the elven lady facing unwanted attention from the athletic man, as much to see if she could mess with him as out of a desire to help the woman. She picks her plate of food, walks over to the two, says, "Mind if I squeeze in here?" and before either can say anything, inserts herself between them. "Hi, I'm Merisiel," she continues, offering her hand to each to shake. "Wandering adventurer. Relaxing after killing off a zombie horde. What brings you folks here?"