A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

A well-deserved rest

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:38 pm

"I am named Carver, and you name lass?" He is eyeing her to see just how old she might be. "I look fit? Interesting thing to say to someone. Do you have alot of unfit men come through here?" The half orc drinks his mug.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

A well-deserved rest

Post by Grimbold » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:31 pm

"Oh, my name is Anea Grafenpalm, it is a real pleasure to meet you." She pauses. "Well, to be honest, it is mostly fat old men, so nothing interesting there. I already do have a fat old man at home." She waves to her twin sister and winks, and the other one almost makes a facepalm.

The athletic man moves back a bit, but only a little, and the elf woman seems a bit relieved. The man nods to Merisiel. "Ah, another one. My name is Wautizanos Charumenos. So you're an adventurer? Interesting. Tell me more..."

The boy in the family kicks one of his sisters in the shin and then runs off, stopping close to Fumbus. "You, gob, are you a servant here? And who's your big mate? Never seen him round here..."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

A well-deserved rest

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:28 am

The goblin makes a sly shushing motion at Merisiel, then opens up his jacket wider. "Fumbus has many secrets up his sleeve. Nobody looks hard enough, they think me a harmless curiosity." The multiple vials of alchemical grenades hang on varied belts, pouches, and bandoliers. Good things he's on your side.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

A well-deserved rest

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:18 pm

"Well Anea, tell me about this place and about yourself." Carver is relaxed, and is generally a friendly sort, that helps when you own a business. So he chit chats with the girls, still trying to gauge her age and the reactions of her companions. He doesn't worry much about the rest of his companions, everyone is an adult, except maybe Fumbus, so he's not worried about them doing something silly here.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Grimbold wrote:The athletic man moves back a bit, but only a little, and the elf woman seems a bit relieved. The man nods to Merisiel. "Ah, another one. My name is Wautizanos Charumenos. So you're an adventurer? Interesting. Tell me more..."
Merisiel shrugs. "Not much to tell. I'm an orphan, so I've always been a wit of a wanderer. Most recently, I wandered into a nest of zombies over at the Tomb of Khi Osque, along with my companions there"--she gestures to Carver and Fumbus--"but we wandered out and the zombies didn't. The locals were rather grateful about the second part. What's your claim to fame?" She is very tempted to add, besides big muscles and hitting on women way out of your league? but she has no idea how belligerent this fellow is and she's here to relax, not start a fight.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Merisiel talks a bit with Wautizanos while the other elf woman thankfully slips away. He is good at talking and seems charming, though a bit straightforward in his womanizing. She finds out he is a rich jewelry merchant who sometimes comes here "to relax". He thinks the knight Tonka "is not quite right up there" and he mentions the two twins, Anea Grafenpalm and Balina Satrapi, both married, who are spending some "holidays" away from their husbands. Though, he whispers, "there might be a spy among the guests, sent by Anea's husband, to make sure she is faithful".

The boy is still talking to Fumbus, not very politely. "Whatcha got down yer sleeve, gob? Lemme have a look! I wanna see too."

Anea Grafenpalm chats with Carver, and she seems impressed with his accomplishments as an adventurer. She makes it obvious that the Butcher should visit her in her room this night. She mentions the old man with the glasses. "That's Arcadix, some crazy inventor. They say he had to flee several cities because of his plasphemous and dark research."
Just respond and mention your general intentions tonight, and then I'll move you on to tomorrow.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Carver winks at the woman, "Here alone are you, need someone to keep you safe tonight?" He considers heading up to the woman's room. Once the tavern room quiets down he talks to his companions at the end of the night. Then he heads up to a room for the evening...
If during the end of the night Carver finds out she's married, he doesn't go up. If no one tells him such he goes on up for the evening and get's himself some arche enemy!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Merisiel quickly grows bored with talking to Wautizanos. The petty gossip he shares doesn't really interest her nor does his work as a merchant. She does her best to extricate herself from the conversation without making him mad--some men seemed to think they were entitled to sleep with a woman if they just put enough effort into chatting her up. When she did, she headed back to the baths to soak some more, then to an early sleep. Funny how battling zombies made you tired.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:47 pm

The goblin gently beats away the groping hands of the child. The alchemical grenades and other reagents act ... badly, to tampering. He doesn't want this whole place going up in flames. Instead he makes a shushing motion to the kid, and fiddles with some explosive powder and scrap pieces of paper. In a matter of minutes he produces a double handful of little explosive novelties for entertainment.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:39 pm

Fumbus quickly gets out some ingredients, and mixes them together in his palm, then wrapping the powder in paper, making four one inch balls. He throws one on the floor, making a big bang, causing everyone to turn and glance at the alchemist. The boy takes the other three from Fumbus' hand, stows two away for later use and throws one at his sister's back, causing her to spill a plate of soup on herself. She gets up and runs after him.

Carver remembers her talking about a fat old man at home and notices the traditional marriage jewelry on her so he refrains from going to her room, instead going to bed in his own room.

Merisiel politely moves away from Wautizaonos who frowns, but then winks and smiles "see you tomorrow!" Then she also goes to her room.

Breakfast is great and then there is another day of bathing, massages and healing. Wautizanos bought some barrels of wine and is happily offering it to everyone present. Soon many are pretty drunk. As Wautizanos again closes in on the other elf woman, she refuses him loudly, and the dwarf, very drunk, yells: "I umm told y'all, them elves, they're so no...noble and proud, we...we need to teach them a...a lesson!" He takes a chair and attempts to his the woman with it, but she dodges and moves away. Tonka, however is not amused. "How dare you! You attack an innocend maiden! Feel the strength of my wrathful hand!" With that she attacks Dalion (the dwarf). Wautizanos assists Dalion and brawling ensues.
Map and everything coming up.
Fumbus: Crafting roll: r8+7vs 10 success.
Carver: perception: r18+6=24 vs 15 success - he knows she is married
Merisiel: Diplomacy (opposed): r18+0=18 vs Wautizanos: r10+?? Merisiel wins