A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:58 pm

"Oh, bloody hell," says Merisiel as the brawl breaks out. She looks over at Carver and Fumbus. "I don't know about you guys, but I came here to get a break from fighting." She looks to see if there's a spot she can get away from the brawl and just relax. If not, she heads back up to her room. She presumes the resort has bouncers to deal with brawls like this--and they're probably better trained at stopping people from fighting without putting a knife in them than Merisiel is.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Fumbus nods in agreement, moving away from the growing brawl. "None of my business, and looks like the bouncers are the ones breaking it up. Unless someone tries some arson or otherwise starts endangering everyone, I'm keeping out of it."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:24 pm

"I avoided one brawl last night," Carver says with a wink about the married woman, "I can avoid another, but a good old fashion tavern brawl can be fun." He ducks under a thrown mug, "We better hurry if we want to avoid it!" He ducks and hustles out of the room with the others.
WTF, PCs running away from a combat! What is wrong with us?!?! :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:09 pm

The "heroes" hang back and watch as the lady, Tonka takes a few hard hits until she bleeds from her nose while the elf escapes. Bordo has left for some reinforcements as Dalion, the dwarf and Wautizanos close in on the woman and downs her with an uppercut. Suddenly a cry can be heard. It is from the young boy, who looked out the window. "The jesters are coming!"
Everyone stops and looks out. Two wagons have arrived with a family of travelling jesters and entertainers who will to tricks and performances for the guests. Everyone storms out leaving Tonka on the floor.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Carver looks at Tonka, he feels... shame for letting the woman get beaten up without doing anything about it. He let the drunkards throw a chair at a different woman, and then let Tonka defender her honor and get beat up for it. He moves to the fallen Tonka, and even if she seems crazy and one of those fanatic types, she didn't deserve that. "I'm sorry, I... I should have stood up for what was right." He looks at the others, "Who can heal this woman?" He doesn't care about the Jesters not at this point, not when his conscious is gnawing at him now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:31 pm

"So, this place doesn't have bouncers?" asks Merisiel rhetorically, shaking her head in disgust. "Well, thank the gods for the jesters." She goes over to help Carver with Tonka, saying, "Yeah, sorry, we thought the spa would have staff to deal with people getting rowdy, not leave it to their guests to deal with fights."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:05 am

Fumbus doesn't have quite the same reaction. If a female goblin had gotten into a fight, he wouldn't have treated it any differently than if he had. He finds these human customs weird still, but it was just a bar fight. Time to help the brawlers get their heads back on straight, and filled with more booze until they're too drunk to fight any more. It's the goblin way!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:36 am

"I went to get the stable boy to handle the situation," Bordo says, "but we did not arrive on time." He arranges for Tonka to be brought to her room, so the stable boy, together with Carver, and finds someone to give her first aid.

The rest of the day is spent bathing and healing, Tonka, however is nowhere to be seen.
At dinner, they serve a whole pig, and when the cook opens it, he pulls out sausage after sausage which he hands out to the guests with a smile. Carver knows that it took them some real long work to prepare it like this.
Wautizanos and the dwarf sit there sullenly and Tonka sits at the other side of the table, without saying a word. Her face is still covered in bruises.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Carver is scratching at an itch.

"A nice bit of butchery, my compliments to the chef," says the half orc.

He eats his fills, but finds he's not as hungry as he should be. Anyone with a keen eye might notice he's been scratching here, and rubbing there, he can't seem to get comfortable, rubbing his back, scratching his leg or chest or neck.

"I'm full!" he finally declares and stands up with such force his chair falls over with a bang.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Merisiel leans over to Carver and whispers, "I feel itchy too. You don't think it's something in the water?"