A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:31 pm

Merisiel nods. "It seems we're agreed--we'll head down and see what we find. Hopefully, no more weird illusions and hostile statues."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

The old library

Post by Grimbold » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:36 am

Sorry for the long delays, I have way more work now during the lockdown. Might get better soon.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (242.96 KiB) Viewed 194 times
The companions talk a bit about the stone and where to find it, then decide to take the stairs down. It is very narrow, but after some time, they come to a square hall, carved into the rock with a high, elegantly curved ceiling. In the middle, they can see a single stone sarcophagus. Strange arcane symbols adorn it, and they begin to glow as you approach.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:32 pm

Merisiel stops on the stairway. "I don't see anything that looks like magic stones down there, but I do see something I don't like, especially after the attack by that stone dog. I think this may be more trouble than it's worth, unless we run out of places to look for the stones."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The old library

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:46 pm

The goblin looks a little disappointed, but given the unpleasantness of the traps they've encountered so far, the glowing isn't giving him a warm and fuzzy feeling. Quite the opposite. "Fine, fine. But I'm definitely coming back here eventually. Nobody puts defenses on something not worth taking." Individual property rights, especially property just sitting around in a tomb, is a fuzzy concept for the alchemist.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:31 pm

"Oh, I'm sure there's something worth taking here," says Merisiel, "but I'm not sure it's worth the fight. We made a big haul saving the town from the zombies and we came here to relax."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The old library

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:59 pm

"The stone we want could be inside."

He gazes into the chamber, "Is small, probably only 1 enemy inside the coffin. We can take on 1 thing, let's flank it, and see what we can find inside."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

The old library

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:41 pm

The goblin pauses as he was half-turned back, then faces the glow with a gleam in his eyes. He doesn't need much encouragement to satisfy his curiosity and/or greed. "Well, I mean, if it's only one enemy then there's no point in delaying. As long as we're smart about it, we'll come out on top."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:53 pm

Merisiel sighs and says, "I have a feeling I'm going to regret this. Alright, let's go check it out. Just don't blame me if we all die at the hands of some undead monstrosity."

ManWithDoor

The old library

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:16 pm

"Well, if we're all dead I can't blame anyone, can I?" The alchemist grins his toothy smile.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

The old library

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:54 pm

"Haven't you ever heard of vengeful ghosts?" replies Merisiel in a snarkily humorous tone. She frowns and then mutters, "Let's hope there isn't one waiting down there for us."