A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: A well-deserved rest

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:37 pm

The goblin scratches furiously at the spots reddening on his skin. He bares his pointy teeth, no longer finding this amusing at all. "I would see flees or lice. Some sort of miasma in the pool water? Some creepy fungus growing all over us now?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Nothing special happens that night, though some guests are concerned about the rash they have. Bordo calms them down: "It's a part of the healing process."
The next day, some priests enter the bathhouse, while Bordo frowns.
The head priest, with white beard and blue robes, begins speaking to everyone present in a loud and enthusiastic manner: "O you addicted to lust and pleasure who followeth the worldy vices, listen to me! Repent and thank the godess without whom this water loses its healing power! In one hour we shall sacrifice to the godess of the source, Phyria, to thank her for her wonderful workings in this world. Do not delay your steps but enter the hall of our temple to give her the adoration she deserves."
The temple is right next to the bathhouse, nr 6 on the map in the OOC

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:58 pm

The goblin bares his teeth as he sidles closer to the rest of the party to whisper. "Are you feeling something underhanded going on here? I can totally imagine some moralist messing with the water, then 'healing' us afterwards. Seems too convenient to have him show up." He looks around, trying to read the rest of the crowd. "Just saying."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:34 pm

"I'm not addicted to lust! What does he mean, sacrifice?" Carver looks at the goblin, "I agree, its time to pack up and get the hell out of this town. Something is very very wrong here." Carver considers, "Its time to gather our gear, and be gone."
Where is our gear, weapons and armor? Carver wants them back now. So he will go find them
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:16 pm

Merisiel nods. "I agree. I didn't come here to get rashes or deal with other peoples' troubles. Let's head out and try to find a nice inn in a nice place, where we can spend a few days resting. And hope the rashes go away once we're not bathing here any more." She thinks for a moment and says, "We actually might want to ask around as we head out. Maybe some of the locals know more about the rashes--and, if they don't, people have a right to know something weird is going on here. I'm pretty sure it's the water that's unclean, not our thoughts. Or at least, it's the water that's the problem, not our thoughts."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:03 pm

"Agreed." Carver is up and ready to go, "Gather what you have, meet outside in 5 minutes." He goes up to his room gathers all his things, and then meets out front in 5 minutes.
I'm a big confused if we are missing weapons or armor, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:17 pm

I think our combat gear is being stored outside the resort--they collected that stuff when we came in (except for the dagger Merisiel smuggled in). But it's our stuff, so we shouldn't have trouble retrieving it. If we do, we will know something is up.
Merisiel goes up to her quarters and rapidly packs her belongings, then heads back down to meet Carver and Fumbus. She tries to avoid scratching her rashes, knowing that will only make things worse, but she has to grit her teeth not to.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 pm

You pack your things and get your weapons, actually losing some of the money you already spent, but the waters seem somewhat unhealthy and you decide to go and have a drink for now. You can see some people heading to the temple.
Later, you sit at a table outside one of the taverns with a mug of ale before you, you hear cries of anguish and pain coming from the bathhouse.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:47 am

"Oh for the love of fish, what in blazes this time?" The goblin is nursing an ale, trying to ignore the burning and itching sensation. "If that crazy cleric has gone nuts, this place is clearly mad. Never coming back to this town again."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Merisiel goes up the bar and asks the barkeep, "What can you tell us about that bathhouse? We left because we and everyone else there were getting rashes. Seems like something fishy is going on there." She pauses and says, "And now we can hear people there screaming," she adds somewhat guiltily.
Diplomacy +2 to gather information