A well-deserved rest

In the town of Amanad, famous for its healing waters, strange things start happening and there seems to be more at work than what meets the eye. Can a group of brave adventurers solve the riddle?

Moderator: Grimbold

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Illusions!!

Post by Grimbold » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:25 pm

You examine the stone door, it seems solid, but there is a very narrow gap underneath. It does not rest on solid ground!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

Illusions!!

Post by Muskrat » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Merisiel asks the others, "Shall we try opening it?" She then stands up and whispers to the others, "At least one person should probably stand watch, to guard against any attacks after we open it."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Illusions!!

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:14 pm

The alchemist volunteers to try to squeeze in. "I'm the smallest of us, clearly. Maybe I can get through that gap, but if not, maybe we can figure out how to open it up a little extra bit so I can make it. Maybe it can be easily opened from the inside?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Illusions!!

Post by Muskrat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Merisiel looks doubtful, but says, "You can give it a try--but what if there are attackers inside? You might be trapped alone. Let me see if I can figure out how to open it." She takes out a variety of tools and tries using them to open the door.
Thievery + 4 to open the door

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Illusions!!

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:30 pm

Carver waits for the inspection, then if the all clear is given he shoves his shoulder into the door and pushes. "Watch my back...eegghhghhg" he attempts to push it open hoping its not a pull.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Illusions!!

Post by Grimbold » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:46 am

The gap below the door is only a few millimeters, and Merisiel finds no traps, so Carver pushes the door open.

The air in the room is dry, and dusty. Your everburning torch sheds some light on the room. It is a circular room with some old and broken furniture (a bed, a desk, some chairs). Five lonely books can be seen on what was once a huge bookshelf. A three foot tall stone statue of a dog is in the middle of the room. Everything is dusty and full of spiderwebs. Clearly, no one has been in here for a long time. Two narrower corridors, left and right, lead into darkness.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Illusions!!

Post by Muskrat » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:54 pm

Merisiel holds up a hand and whispers to the others, "Don't step in quite yet. That statue could easily be some sort of magical guard. I mean, why else would it be there?" She tosses in a rock in front of the dog.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Illusions!!

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:29 pm

The goblin alchemist looks excitedly at the books sitting there gathering dust. "Well hello there, my pretties! Either you've got some interesting tales to tell, or worst we can fence you for some solid gold." Books and tomes aren't exactly cheap when they either have to be hand-written or created magically. Or they might be worth actually keeping for themselves, depending on what's written there.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold

Illusions!!

Post by Grimbold » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:52 pm

The rock tumbles on the floor and rests at the base of the statue. A small dust cloud goes up. Nothing else happens.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Illusions!!

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:27 pm

"Its a good guard dog." Carver moves in once the rock stops bouncing. Foolishly he pats the dog's head as he inspects the rest of the chamber.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring